SUIT not working

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Barrolskii
Prole

SUIT not working

Post by Barrolskii »

I've just started to get into some of the libraries that löve has to offer. I've installed HUMP and SUIT, HUMP is working but I'm having problems with SUIT. I'm following a tutorial that is on the SUIT docs site and it says at the start that suit = require 'suit' but the suit file isn't with the library anymore. Just wondering if there was an update to the library and the doc site has not been updated or theres something I'm doing wrong anyway help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Sulunia
Party member

Re: SUIT not working

Post by Sulunia »

I had something similar with Shine before..

I assume you have to put the "suit" folder in the root of the game folder, along with the "main.lua".
This is because when you use " suit = require 'suit' " it will actually look for the "init.lua" inside the suit folder and then load it.

I could be wrong, since i have not used this lib, what does it do anyways?
Don't check my github! It contains thousands of lines of spaghetti code in many different languages cool software! :neko:
https://github.com/Sulunia
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

You put SUIT's files in any folder, and since there's an init.lua file in there, you require the folder. Simple as that. In the example, the folder was called suit, and it was next to main.lua, though you can of course nest it more depending on how you want to structure your folders.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Barrolskii
Prole

Post by Barrolskii »

Thank you zorg I'll give that a try now and Sulunia SUIT helps with creating menus so it has a bunch of options for buttons and other GUI things.