Issues with Love 0.10.0

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Pixelguru26
Prole

Issues with Love 0.10.0

Post by Pixelguru26 »

A little while back, I tried to switch over to Love 0.10.0 from 0.8.0. I downloaded everything, set it all up, built a basic test program, launched it and... bluescreen. No error, no problem in the conf, nothing. I launched with a blank game, still the same issue. I then launched Love2d on its own and instead of a "no game" screen, I got the same blank error screen.
To see if I could find the error myself, I ran a blank game with console enabled, and it wouldn't even load that.

I'm running windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Intel i3-2310M CPU, with 8 gigs of ram on a Lenovo L420 Thinkpad.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this or needs more information to do so, PLEASE tell me. I've been stuck in developmental limbo for about a month or so trying to get it working. I'm stumped.
zorg
Party member

Re: Issues with Love 0.10.0

Post by zorg »

Löve's graphics requirements rose from 0.9 to 0.10, and probably from 0.8 to 0.9 as well.
Your thinkpad's GPU might not support the current minimum requirements.

From a quick google, it says that it has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 GPU in it, and according to wikipedia it supports up to OpenGL 3.1 (on windows, 3.3 elsewhere).
The löve wiki states for 0.10.0: "Updated the minimum runtime system requirements of LOVE to require OpenGL 2.1 or OpenGL ES 2 support."

In theory, it should be able to run games on your laptop. Maybe try to get the newest graphics drivers, install them and try again?

Also, löve's bluescreen usually contains some information about why it crashed, copy that in here so we can tell what the issue is with more certainty?
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Pixelguru26
Prole

Post by Pixelguru26 »

I have already updated my graphics drivers, and the blue screen is blank. It shows no errors, does nothing.
[UPDATE]
Here's a screenshot of the DxDiag display tab, does that help clarify things?
murks
Party member

Post by murks »

I run löve 0.10.X with an Intel HD 3000 without issues. My laptop even has the same display resolution, but it also works with 1920x1080. I'm on Linux though, but at least the hardware is not the issue.

You can try to run something from the command prompt, maybe you'll get an error message there.
Last edited by murks on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pixelguru26
Prole

Post by Pixelguru26 »

I ran it from the command prompt, but received no feedback whatsoever.
Sulunia
Party member

Post by Sulunia »

Weird. Im running in a radeon mobility HD 4250 without troubles.

Can you download an ubuntu or linux distro into an usb, install love and test this out? It could be your windows installation.
Don't check my github! It contains thousands of lines of spaghetti code in many different languages cool software! :neko:
https://github.com/Sulunia
murks
Party member

Post by murks »

Also, try to install löve 0.10.1.
Pixelguru26
Prole

Post by Pixelguru26 »

0.10.1 did the exact same thing. Same blank blue screen, no errors when launched from console.