APK Crashing and error logging

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Skeiks
Citizen

APK Crashing and error logging

Post by Skeiks »

Over the past few months I've been messing with Love Android and I really enjoy how quickly I can get stuff out there, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why things are crashing on my devices when they run fine on my PC. I get errors from the wonkiest things and I have no clue why they're throwing errors. The app doesn't say "an error has occured", it just closes. I assume that there was some fatal error but I don't know because there's no error messages. I've checked LogCat and there doesn't seem to be anything in those logs either. Lately I've just been doing trial and error line by line but that's driving me insane.

Is there any way for me to get the error logs from an uncaught error, preferably using BlueStacks? Or maybe a list a bad practices that are known to crash Love Android?

Thanks!
Sulunia
Party member

Re: APK Crashing and error logging

Post by Sulunia »

Well, i'd use a real android device to see if it crashes. If it does, you can just connect android to PC and listen to the logcat and it will output you the errors should they happen.

(not 100% sure, i had no troubles getting my stuff running on android)
Don't check my github! It contains thousands of lines of spaghetti code in many different languages cool software! :neko:
https://github.com/Sulunia
Skeiks
Citizen

Re: APK Crashing and error logging

Post by Skeiks »

Sulunia wrote:Well, i'd use a real android device to see if it crashes. If it does, you can just connect android to PC and listen to the logcat and it will output you the errors should they happen.

(not 100% sure, i had no troubles getting my stuff running on android)
Thank you! I can get output now. For some reason I thought I could just open up logcat on the device and get the output.