Android SDK Installation

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
rok
Prole

Android SDK Installation

Post by rok »

The Linux guide for Android (https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... id_-_Linux) seems to be a bit outdated (Updated 2015-12-01) so I have some questions.

I am using Arch Linux.

I've already installed:
- Java SDK
- Android SDK
- Apache Ant

I also have those components installed:
- Android SDK Tools 25.1.7
- Android SDK Platform-tools 24
- Android SDK Build-tools 24

The guide also mentions "Android 4.4.2 (API 19)" and the "Android Support Library". The support library isn't available for download anymore and for the 4.4.2, isn't that outdated?

Which packages do I still have to install? I'm new to Android development and that Android environment seems to be pretty huge and I do not want to install packages on my system which I wont need :cry:

Also I am still missing the NDK, why the hell does that thing have to be over 700 MB :shock:
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Android SDK Installation

Post by bartbes »

rok wrote: The guide also mentions "Android 4.4.2 (API 19)" and the "Android Support Library". The support library isn't available for download anymore and for the 4.4.2, isn't that outdated?
The support library is still available for me, under Extras. As for installing api 19, yes, it's older, but it still works, and that's the version the build system targets. Note that you only need the SDK platform. It is probably possible to build it using a newer API, but you may have to edit the build files to accommodate that.
rok wrote:I do not want to install packages on my system which I wont need :cry:
You could always remove them..
rok wrote: Also I am still missing the NDK, why the hell does that thing have to be over 700 MB :shock:
Yeah, it's kind of annoying how massive both the SDK and the NDK are, apparently I've installed 5GiB worth of "android-stuff".
rok
Prole

Post by rok »

So I've tried building again after installing a few more packages.

If I check "Obsolete" the "Android Support Library" shows up under Extras.
The current build files from the repository want me to use API 23, so 19 seems to be outdated as stated in the guide.
I am also getting an exception "[dx] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/android/dx/command/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0" and the build stops with the message:

BUILD FAILED
/opt/android-sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:888: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/android-sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:890: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/android-sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:902: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/android-sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:283: null returned: 1
Snake174rus
Prole

Post by Snake174rus »

Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
You need JDK 8
develCuy
Prole

Post by develCuy »

This error happens due to a local misconfiguration, please refer to the issue queue for Android:

https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... ersion-520