Seeking feedback

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Linkpy
Party member

Seeking feedback

Post by Linkpy »

Hello everyone.

I'm currently working on a game named "Sirami" and I want to have some feedbacks about the framework I will use. This framework is made by me.

The GitHub repository (everything is under the "framework" folder).

If you want some information :
  • Not finished (of course) ;
  • Use a tree-rendering ;
  • Made in MoonScript ;
  • Do not replace the "love" table, the framework is an external library (you will still need to do many things with the love* calls)
  • I'm french. So my English may be not very good :|
Thanks for your feedback !
Founder of NeoShadow Studio. Currently working on the project "Sirami".
github / linkpy
raidho36
Party member

Re: Seeking feedback

Post by raidho36 »

But why? Particularly why in different language as a library? You could write the same thing as LUA library.
Linkpy
Party member

Post by Linkpy »

I prefer MoonScript. Much cleaner, simple and compiled to Lua so there are no problems.

By the way, my goal is not to post the framework as a library in the forum, I'll keep it for my projects which use Love2D. I just want to have some feedback on the different part of the library, if things can be made in a better way.

Edit: Just to add, the game will be open-source, and the framework included but I will not publish the framework alone.
github / linkpy
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

raidho36 wrote:But why? Particularly why in different language as a library? You could write the same thing as LUA library.
Libraries written in moonscript can be used from lua with 0 modification and still fits all Lua idioms. The only issue is that people who don't know moonscript may not be able to read the code (well) so peoviding good documentation is doubly-important.

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
Linkpy
Party member

Post by Linkpy »

s-ol wrote:Libraries written in moonscript can be used from lua with 0 modification and still fits all Lua idioms. The only issue is that people who don't know moonscript may not be able to read the code (well) so peoviding good documentation is doubly-important.
But I can't recommend this, since you need to extends some classes and doing this directly with Lua can be a mess.
github / linkpy