SoundQueues

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
bobbyjones
Party member

Re: SoundQueues

Post by bobbyjones »

Really? Are you sure? I built it with the minor branch. Did you check the version string?

edit: I see the issue running the builds again.

Edit 2: Latest one is built properly but doesn't work on my phone. Font texture creation is failing. So I can't print. I can do other things. Just not print.

Edit 3: latest one is built properly and can render fonts thanks you slime.
Dr. Peeps
Citizen

Post by Dr. Peeps »

bobbyjones wrote:latest one is built properly
Thank you, Mr. Jones! :awesome: I now have 0.11 up and running on my Android devices.

Now, onto the next issue .... Has anyone else tried using RecordingDevice on Android yet? On both devices I tested on, getRecordingDevices() returns a single entry with an empty name (via getName()), and startRecording() always returns false. The same code works fine on Windows.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance in testing and whatnot.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Dr. Peeps wrote:
bobbyjones wrote:latest one is built properly
Thank you, Mr. Jones! :awesome: I now have 0.11 up and running on my Android devices.

Now, onto the next issue .... Has anyone else tried using RecordingDevice on Android yet? On both devices I tested on, getRecordingDevices() returns a single entry with an empty name (via getName()), and startRecording() always returns false. The same code works fine on Windows.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance in testing and whatnot.
It isn't supported yet. If you want to fix it you would have to add it to openal. And yes automatic builds.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Yeah as far as I'm aware OpenAL recording functionality isn't available on Android. Odd that AL returns any recording devices at all if it doesn't support any. Probably works on iPhone though, because it uses real OpenAL rather than AL-soft which is used on all other platforms.
Last edited by raidho36 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Peeps
Citizen

Post by Dr. Peeps »

bobbyjones wrote:It isn't supported yet.
Ohhhhhh. :oops: Is mobile support for new features like this usually added much later, or is this likely to be functional by the time 0.11 is released?

Edit: I didn't know what OpenAL was until I looked it up just now. If it doesn't support recording for Android, and therefor Love2D doesn't support recording for Android, I guess that's a dealbreaker for this particular project. :cry:
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Dr. Peeps wrote:
bobbyjones wrote:It isn't supported yet.
Ohhhhhh. :oops: Is mobile support for new features like this usually added much later, or is this likely to be functional by the time 0.11 is released?

Edit: I didn't know what OpenAL was until I looked it up just now. If it doesn't support recording for Android, and therefor Love2D doesn't support recording for Android, I guess that's a dealbreaker for this particular project. :cry:
You could attempt to add it to openal. It would be a learning experience for you if you haven't done anything like that before. It's probably not that hard. You are basically copying the code they have for other backends but for opensl with the proper opensl functions and etc. I think the reason it wasn't added is because the developer has no interest in doing it and no one has submitted a PR for it.
Dr. Peeps
Citizen

Post by Dr. Peeps »

raidho36 wrote:Probably works on iPhone though ...
Does anyone here happen to have the ability to test this theory? I don't have a Mac to build the iOS version of Love on.
Dr. Peeps
Citizen

Post by Dr. Peeps »

bobbyjones wrote:You could attempt to add it to openal. It would be a learning experience for you if you haven't done anything like that before. It's probably not that hard.
I'm sure it's possible, but it's the time involved that concerns me. My decision to use Love in the first place was in an effort to cut development time down. :(

I had all of this working with Marmalade SDK, but now it looks like that platform will be no more (and I was tired of paying for it anyway). It doesn't really look like there is any option currently out there that allows cross-platform development with microphone access. So maybe Love is the best I can do for now without having to write platform-specific code!
Dr. Peeps
Citizen

Post by Dr. Peeps »

Is there any way to get the iOS source for LÖVE 0.11 yet? :monocle: