Vista problems?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Hallvard
Prole

Re: Vista problems?

Post by Hallvard »

Haha, at least you've noticed it now :)

Just tell me if you need me to give you any files/system information etc. Anything really. I want a fix just as much as you. (I hope you do D:)
Merkoth
Party member

Post by Merkoth »

This is a weird issue, given the fact that, IIRC, the video mike recorded showed LÖVE running happily under Vista...
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

rude wrote:"The devs" are on vacation in Berlin :D
heh, so you came to meet obama?

welcome to berlin!
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Xfcn
Citizen

Post by Xfcn »

Exactly the same results? Hmm. Well, try Windows 2000 compatibility mode. It SHOULD be identical to Windows XP, but there's a number of things in Vista that "just work" with Windows 2K mode over XP. I don't know why, they're both the same core system, but it just works that way sometimes.

It reminds me of early Mac OS X (not current) because when 10.0.1 came out there were a lot of issues with permissions causing serious errors.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Hallvard
Prole

Post by Hallvard »

Exactly the same thing happens. This is so weird. Could I be missing libs or are they all included?
Xfcn
Citizen

Post by Xfcn »

Do you have GTK+ and SDL installed?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Hallvard
Prole

Post by Hallvard »

Nope. I'll get them now.

EDIT:
I had both installed. Updated to the new versions. I think anyway. I couldn't find a good way to update GTK+. Isn't there an installer or something similar?
Xfcn
Citizen

Post by Xfcn »

http://www.gtk.org/download.html

Hmm. Okay. We've pretty much covered everything I can think of that might be at issue here. At this point my only suggestion is to install an emulator and run it under Ubuntu. Works for me.
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

Have you figured it out yet? I haven't been reading the support section for a while because I can't really help you out, but seeing as I am running Vista (32) too I can try to help out..
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Xfcn wrote:Do you have GTK+ and SDL installed?
This should not be required. GTK isn't used, and SDL is distributed with LOVE.

Hallvard: Do you have Visual Studio on your machine? And does any one know the name of one of those fancy loaded-DLL-inspector apps? Maybe we can single out the DLL causing the problem that way. (Unless you already tried that).

Edit:
I also get up the "program isn't working" thing.
What do you mean? The blue screen of love (BSOL), native Windows pop-up, or message to stderr?