How make rain/snowfall/mist effect ?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
paul54000
Prole

How make rain/snowfall/mist effect ?

Post by paul54000 »

it is possible ? if so, what are the best method ?
Sir_Silver
Party member

Re: How make rain/snowfall/mist effect ?

Post by Sir_Silver »

Of course it's possible :). Like Bob Ross said, "[Your program] is your world, you can create anything that you can imagine."

I just recently have started using particles to create effects, I think it would be excellent for rain/snow/mist also! I recommend playing with the example particle effects provided in the wiki section of this website.

https://love2d.org/wiki/ParticleSystem
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

I'm just gonna leave this here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=81813#p195398
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

Particle effects! Albeit for another system, check out some Unreal Engine tutorials for particles. There's a lot to be learned that will carry over to pretty much any API with a particle emitter object.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
nyenye
Citizen

Post by nyenye »

I would personally go with zorg's option. Paticles are a very expensive resource, so you should use is sparingly (blood, fire, maybe lightning),