Updated apk's for LÖVE Android SDL2

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
alberto_lara
Party member

Updated apk's for LÖVE Android SDL2

Post by alberto_lara »

Hi, if you're thinking on trying LÖVE on Android but don't have the time to compile everything (and you want the latest version), this post is for you. Since the downloads section of Martin's love-android-sdl repository has older versions of the apk (0.10.0 and below) I'm sharing these ones I just built (debug), they have portrait, landscape and automatic ("sensor") screen orientation, so you can choose the one you need for your game/app: https://github.com/tavuntu/love-android-stuff

You'll find instructions to run your game in the Wiki

Hope you found this useful!
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Updated apk's for LÖVE Android SDL2

Post by slime »

https://love2d.org/ as well as https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloads has links to APKs for the latest release of love, although I don't think they have different orientations.
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

I certainly didn't know about those so thanks (and yes, I guess the only difference with this post will be the orientation)
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

I could also add the different orientations to my build script.
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

that would be nice!
bgordebak
Party member

Post by bgordebak »

Thanks for making this. I built an apk exactly how it's told on bitbucket, but alas... (Actually not exactly, I used 'ant release' instead of 'ant debug' first.) Apk installs okay, but the game doesn't run. The same game runs with LÖVE for android. Debug version doesn't run too.
joker
Prole

Post by joker »

bgordebak wrote:Thanks for making this. I built an apk exactly how it's told on bitbucket, but alas... (Actually not exactly, I used 'ant release' instead of 'ant debug' first.) Apk installs okay, but the game doesn't run. The same game runs with LÖVE for android. Debug version doesn't run too.
I had a similar problem. In my case the app wasn't installing. I was getting a message "App not installed". I don't know what I did exactly. I tried running ant release first but cancelled it after it asked for keystore information. Then I deleted all the files in bin and gen folder inside love-android-sdl2 folder and ran ant debug. I copied the newly generated love-android-debug.apk to my mobile and installed it. It works now.
bgordebak
Party member

Post by bgordebak »

Thanks, I managed to make it work, but I'm not sure how. :) Anyway, I'm happy.
dmalves
Prole

Post by dmalves »

alberto_lara wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:57 pm Hi, if you're thinking on trying LÖVE on Android but don't have the time to compile everything (and you want the latest version), this post is for you. Since the downloads section of Martin's love-android-sdl repository has older versions of the apk (0.10.0 and below) I'm sharing these ones I just built (debug), they have portrait, landscape and automatic ("sensor") screen orientation, so you can choose the one you need for your game/app: https://github.com/tavuntu/love-android-stuff

You'll find instructions to run your game in the Wiki

Hope you found this useful!
@alberto_lara What was the process for changing screen orientation? Did you only change the androidmanifest.xml?
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

that's correct, just a small change the manifest file, so you don't lose time compiling this very common setups.