Forum Problems

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Positive07
Party member

Forum Problems

Post by Positive07 »

Some bugs have appeared here in the forums so I wanted to point them out so that the admins knew, and if they know and are fixing them they could tell us.

Basically wiki tags don't work, eg.: [wiki]Image[/wiki]

And you can't put newlines in code blocks, eg.:

Code: Select all

local variable = function () --Newline here
   print("Hey") --Newline here
end

If there are more please point them out
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
zorg
Party member

Re: Forum Problems

Post by zorg »

dghdghgh
Positive07 wrote:dghdghgh
Petrovich Panovich wrote:dghdghgh
[manual]what is manual tag even...?[/manual]

Okay so apparently the (2nd and 3rd) quotes also don't show who i'm quoting. (Neither as "Positive07", with the marks, nor without the double quote marks)

Was there a software update?
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Apparently phpBB 3.2.0 broke a lot of bbcodes, in particular ones with an optional argument, let me test: Image, same.
And string.gsub, same

As for newlines in code tags.. I'm not sure why they're not displaying, as far as I can tell that should work.

Code: Select all

some
thing
EDIT: Supposedly it's a theme issue, as the code tags were updated.
EDIT2: I checked, and highlight.js is set to insert br tags, yet it isn't?
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Haha so now because zorg quoted me but here is no actual quote I got a hard to erase notification, normally visiting the thread is enough but now I had to click on the notification to trigger it. Glad to know you already have your hands in it bartbes, hope you can work everything out
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

bartbes wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:28 am quote quote quote
bartbes wrote: more quote?
I don't get why quotes are broken at all. Sighs. They're not even custom tags!
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Technically, the quotes work in that they get rendered, it's just that the referred string doesn't show... :brows:
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I managed to fix quotes, but it seems backporting the code tags didn't help.

EDIT: Victory!
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Help
Oh, so that's what it does. :3

bartbes: There's still a minor thing though; on the "Full editor" page, both the wiki and manual buttons have gained a = symbol, and on insertion, they will be inserted into the opening tag as well... but it doesn't work that way it only works like that with certain wiki links, and similar things happen with the manual: (it's nice that that functionality was added though, since it didn't work like that before)

Version
[wiki=Image]Version_History_(Not)[/wiki]
PiL5.1
[manual=lua]Also imho the manual tag should at least get a tooltip stating that it's the online PiL reference[/manual]
Seems like spaces/underscores (and possibly others) break the tags...

Oh, and the manual tag transforms into "http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#pdf-<value>" and i'm pretty sure that that pdf- part makes the numerical chapter references not work. (e.g. "http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#5.6")

(Also, just to mention this, i'm pretty sure than previously, quotes didn't default to including links to the user's profile page, nor the upwards referenced post arrow... nor is the notation quote=bartbes post_id=209291 time=1486718906 user_id=147 a thing i've ever seen... but that may just be me.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

zorg wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm bartbes: There's still a minor thing though; on the "Full editor" page, both the wiki and manual buttons have gained a = symbol, and on insertion, they will be inserted into the opening tag as well...
Nothing I can do about that, blame phpbb.
zorg wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pmit's nice that that functionality was added though, since it didn't work like that before
It was! In phpbb 3.1 it was implemented by having two separate bbcodes, one for [wiki] and one for , with the former listed in the editor, like [url]. In phpbb 3.2 these have to be merged or they'll break. Indeed, now it supports optional values, and that's why there's now an = listed in the editor.

zorg wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm
[wiki=Image]Version_History_(Not)
Oh great, it doesn't like parens.
Nor quotes..
zorg wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm Oh, and the manual tag transforms into "http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#pdf-<value>" and i'm pretty sure that that pdf- part makes the numerical chapter references not work. (e.g. "http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#5.6")
That's correct, that's how you reference functions.

EDIT: Btw, it's not PiL, it's the reference manual.
zorg wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm (Also, just to mention this, i'm pretty sure than previously, quotes didn't default to including links to the user's profile page, nor the upwards referenced post arrow... nor is the notation quote=bartbes post_id=209291 time=1486718906 user_id=147 a thing i've ever seen... but that may just be me.
Like I said, new phpbb version. I guess we could suppress it in the theme, but it looks like a decent feature.

EDIT: I've tweaked the allowed characters in [wiki] and [manual] tags, and they should now work without argument if they contain characters that can be in urls. And there's not much more I can do, the character set selection is very very coarse.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

bartbes wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:15 pm
zorg wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm Oh, and the manual tag transforms into "http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#pdf-<value>" and i'm pretty sure that that pdf- part makes the numerical chapter references not work. (e.g. "http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#5.6")
That's correct, that's how you reference functions.
EDIT: Btw, it's not PiL, it's the reference manual.
I'm pretty sure we're misunderstanding each other; look, here's an example:
lua.math
For me, that does not jump to the correct chapter, and it's because there's a "pdf-" between the # character and the string you write after the = symbol into the opening manual tag.

The correct one should be this: http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#5.6

(Thanks for the tooltip though! :3)