Lua Script Editor Needed

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Positive07
Party member

Re: Lua Script Editor Needed

Post by Positive07 »

I recommended Atom before, check the Gist of plugins I use
SirDust wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:11 pm Auto-typing "end" for me. I feel like this feature is possible, if anyone knows how to do it then let me know. Thanks
You can do this with snippets of the language-lua plugin, go to it's settings and check that they are enabled
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
SirDust
Prole

Post by SirDust »

Positive07 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:18 pm I recommended Atom before, check the Gist of plugins I use
SirDust wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:11 pm Auto-typing "end" for me. I feel like this feature is possible, if anyone knows how to do it then let me know. Thanks
You can do this with snippets of the language-lua plugin, go to it's settings and check that they are enabled
Thanks! This really helps a lot. It took a little while to set it up properly, but now it works how I want it.
SirDust
Prole

Post by SirDust »

Hang on, the love module is being reported as undefined by luacheck, how do I fix this?
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Edit: See the post below. :3
Last edited by zorg on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Reposting here since I deleted that:

Go to linter-luacheck settings and in the "Globals" setting put "love" without the quotes of course. I only have that over there, since "bit", "jit", "socket", "enet" all need to be required anyway

You can also change this using a .luacheckrc on a per-project basis, for more info on that check the luacheck documentation
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

> Can anyone suggest an IDE with working debugging? Tried IDEA but it's not working very good with LOVE as an interpreter and Visual Studio with a plugin, but there is no autocompletion for LOVE API that I could find.

ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE should handle debugging and auto-complete; see http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane ... -debugging. Others have already suggested Atom and Sublime with various plugin bundles earlier in this thread.
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

Zerobrane Studio does have working debugging indeed. The way it's set up prevents the use of lovedebug library, though. And if your gamee is large, you have to manually flip its on/off state to avoid freezes/slowdowns.
kclanc
Citizen

Post by kclanc »

You might try Game Kitchen (https://bitbucket.org/kevinclancy/game- ... /wiki/Home) if you are willing to use a windows-only IDE that requires you to use a comment-embedded type system. I made Game Kitchen.
darkmetalic
Prole

Post by darkmetalic »

My work environment especially for LOVE2D is the script editor I met on the LOVE2D website once, it was them who recommended me... well, what I appreciate in editors for development: autocomplete, syntax checker, builds and speed (lightness). This entire package exists in SublimeText 3 > SublimeLinter, Lua Linter, Lua autocomplete, LOVE2D autocomplete, Monokai (standard color scheme) and as free a spell checker. Eternal love.