Help in bomberman like game with bump.lua (slide in blocks edges)

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
bahamut
Prole

Re: Help in bomberman like game with bump.lua (slide in blocks edges)

Post by bahamut »

Imaculata wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:57 am
bahamut wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:54 pm waiting the bomb detonation. It is important, because my next step is "enemies and AI".
First of all, great to hear you're making so much progress. In regards to enemies and AI, what I think Bomberman does, is it allows the enemies to detect zones that an explosion is about to hit. One way to do this, is to simply create explosion zones upon placing a bomb, which only kill a player once they actually explode. This may sound counter intuitive, but it allows your ai to detect which tiles to avoid before a bomb explodes.

There was an excellent Bomberman clone on the Amiga, called Blitzbombers. In Blitzbombers, the ai would actually yell out "NOOO!" when they knew they were trapped between bombs. And that AI in that game would also wait just out of reach of an explosion when a bomb was about to go off. The AI knew how far the explosion could reach.
I will add an atribute in the bombs, the 'fire' of the range explosion (in bomberman games, if you place a bomb with 3 of 'fire', and get 2 powerups before the detonation, the bomb will detonate with 3 'fires'). With this, I can detect the bomb and explosion range for the AI detect and avoid. But for now, I'm coding common enemy AI, for campaign mode. Will be my training before create bomberman AI for PvP (and bosses) =]
Chances of 1 in one million occurs all the time.