OpenAL-Soft OpenSL Backend Now Supports Audio Capture

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Dr. Peeps
Citizen

OpenAL-Soft OpenSL Backend Now Supports Audio Capture

Post by Dr. Peeps »

It was announced a few days ago over on the OpenAL-Soft repository that audio capture has now been added to the OpenSL backend, which means that LÖVE 0.11 should be able to capture audio on Android devices. This is great news (for me, at least!). :awesome:

However, I have no idea when/how updates in supporting libraries like this tend to get incorporated into LÖVE builds. Does anyone know when we might see this new functionality? I'd love to help out with the testing of it.

https://github.com/kcat/openal-soft/issues/87
raidho36
Party member

Re: OpenAL-Soft OpenSL Backend Now Supports Audio Capture

Post by raidho36 »

You can always make your own build, just swap out bundled openal for updated one.

You can expect the next release version to have those in - 0.11 or 0.10.3, whichever comes first.
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

Dr. Peeps wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:23 pm It was announced a few days ago over on the OpenAL-Soft repository that audio capture has now been added to the OpenSL backend, which means that LÖVE 0.11 should be able to capture audio on Android devices. This is great news (for me, at least!). :awesome:

However, I have no idea when/how updates in supporting libraries like this tend to get incorporated into LÖVE builds. Does anyone know when we might see this new functionality? I'd love to help out with the testing of it.

https://github.com/kcat/openal-soft/issues/87

Thats really awesome and helpful. I really wish that the next love2d update would add that functionality.
Dr. Peeps
Citizen

Post by Dr. Peeps »

raidho36 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:20 pm You can expect the next release version to have those in - 0.11 or 0.10.3, whichever comes first.
Awesome. I'm already running on the 0.11 pre-release builds though, so I guess what I meant to ask is: how soon might the OpenAL update appear there?
raidho36 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:20 pm You can always make your own build, just swap out bundled openal for updated one.
I know, but it looks like there are a lot of steps involved in building for Android, and all I want to do is some simple testing for now ... so I'm happy to patiently wait for someone else to build it for me. :megagrin:
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

I guess you'll have to bug slime or bartbes for that, and then whoever maintains Android builds.