Issues drawing a frame.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Rusketh
Prole

Issues drawing a frame.

Post by Rusketh »

Hi all,

Fairly new to love but not new to lua and definitely not new to programming/scripting in general.

So I started work on my first game and I got to a point I was happy that I had love2D figured.

So that was really good, the start of my first game, so proud over here. How ever the code base was terrible and it needed to be evolved so i rewrote it and this is what I got.

Ok yeah so, whats going on here. The code matches how the previous code worked, an inf loop that run a bunch of stuff inside my event system and then renders a frame. That's not what I have here I have a blank frame and the code to me looks fine, so i added a debug print showing curtime after each call to love.graphics.present().
Rendered: 0.46455890239122
Rendered: 0.49756862586401
Rendered: 0.53056013679634
Rendered: 0.56356277761461
Rendered: 0.59656339481717
Rendered: 0.62956502382804
etc...
So the render loop is working fine, and after more debugging it looks to be that everything is rendering correctly, position color and scale.

So why is nothing getting rendered, I decided to stop clearing the frame, this resulted in progress (ish).

So now i am stuck and none of my friends who used to work with love2D can help.

Here is the main loop of my code.

https://gist.github.com/Rusketh/70586dd ... 61d16a5cbf

I get no errors from anywhere in my code, everything checks out fine.

Help please?

Update: Turns out there was no issue with my code, it was an issue with one of my tables dropping its values.
Admins feel free to close thread.