lightworld rotation scaling issues (lights will not rotate)

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
DarkShroom
Citizen

lightworld rotation scaling issues (lights will not rotate)

Post by DarkShroom »

Hi

I am currently trying to solve some translation issues concerning lightworld. I have posted an issue here:

https://github.com/tanema/light_world.lua/issues/33

i am doing my very best to solve this issue, but am starting to get isolated in the sense of this doesn't seem to be a simple issue, and may not even be solvable.

It would be awesome if lightworld could be integrated into Love2D is my personal opinion, without lighting, it doesn't really feel like i can carry my idea that far.

I have posted a code example there, and documented the problem as much as I can. All code examples are also free for anyone to take and use if they could possibly help you in anyway (i HAVE, at least lined up physics, made a Unity style setup that allows you to activate the physics on an object (so you can have scenery etc). In it's current state, perhaps it's not much use, but i was hoping to shove back some idea of an easy to use Physics/Lighting/Networking system.

Lightworld is interesting, because it has that spotlight effect (in 3D, things need to cast their light different, on triangles) so in some ways lightworld allows different lighting effects to a 3D game

Thanks for you time!