sports/football AI

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
DarkShroom
Citizen

sports/football AI

Post by DarkShroom »

May I ask if anyone has been into this subject, it seems an incredibly complicated topic?

Where do I begin!! I want to program a sensible soccer style game and it seems that little progress has been made in this subject since 1993?

Are there any resources to do with programming sports AI? Specifically the paradigm being 2D field based like football/american football/hockey/basketball etc (not bat an ball, 2 goals and some sort of ball)

Sorry the question is a bit general, but any musings, rants and thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone given this a go and/or have any examples of experiments in this regard?
MasterLee
Party member

Re: sports/football AI

Post by MasterLee »

You mean like RoboCup Simulation League?
http://www.robocup.org/leagues/23
ivan
Party member

Re: sports/football AI

Post by ivan »

Matt Buckland's AI programming book is good resource, it even has a woking soccer game demo. So it's not that hard to put something together, as for creating more sophisticated AI, it really depends on the locomotion/physics involved.