noobhub on OpenShift?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Luke100000
Party member

noobhub on OpenShift?

Post by Luke100000 »

Hello,

I want to install my own noobhub server and I tried Heroku and OpenShift. On both I was able to launch noobhub, but I am not able to connect with the client. I researched a lot and all people "solved" the problem by using digitalocean. But I rather want a free service. I'm a student and have no money yet :nyu:

From what I read in the OpenShift documentation it IS possible, but I don't know how to get a public IP.

Has anyone experience with that?

Thanks!
Nixola
Inner party member

Re: noobhub on OpenShift?

Post by Nixola »

You can register for the Github Student Pack, which is absolutely free and includes 50$ of DigitalOcean credit. It's not strictly a solution, but still.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

Nixola wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:27 am You can register for the Github Student Pack, which is absolutely free and includes 50$ of DigitalOcean credit. It's not strictly a solution, but still.
Thanks for the hint, I will check it out. But after 10 months I will have the same problem again :death:
Perujok
Prole

Post by Perujok »

Hey,
did you find any solution?
I am also curious about this, and have been fiddling around for 3 hours trying to make it work on Heroku.
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

Nothing so far. As much as I learned it's simple not possible to get it running on openshift and I think Heroku won't work either. A lot of people recommend DigitalOcean for 5$ per month instead.