What are the best plugins for Sublime when using Love 2D

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
DarkShroom
Citizen

What are the best plugins for Sublime when using Love 2D

Post by DarkShroom »

I enjoy the simplicity of Anaconda for Python... as a complete Python evangelist it has been the best thing since sliced bread

What are the best packages to install for Love 2D development on Sublime? Can you present a list.

Mainly I want the best formatting, i seem to have found:

LuaFormat AND FormatLua... i am unclear if I would get conflicts and which to use.

Thanks forum, I can't handle this mess anymore!
sefan
Prole

Re: What are the best plugins for Sublime when using Love 2D

Post by sefan »

I use Lua Love and its great. Highlighting and has all the love-functions built in.
https://love2d.org/wiki/Sublime_Text
Sefan.se GitHub.com Itch.io
Looking for help on graphics/music/sound effects. PM me if interested.
DarkShroom
Citizen

Post by DarkShroom »

thanks for your reply, it's funny i seem to have trouble with this plugin (Lua Love), i will try and get it working again

i was hoping for someone to recommend a code beautifying one, but so far "LuaFormat" seems okay (if i don't leave it running all the time, which seems to slow sublime down)

i was hoping for some sort of support like I get from Anaconda, which I think is technically also some sort of linting?

Wouldn't this be a nice Love wiki page? Like recommended setups for the different editors, like Sublime, Atom etc
jdse03
Prole

Post by jdse03 »

Last edited by jdse03 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

jdse03 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:07 pm Hey, I tried Sublime Text and now I am using Atom.io.

I have no idea why someone would choose Sublime Text over Atom. It was so painful to get Sublime Text running while in atom all you do is installing one package.

You can even install several other handy packages such as a beautifier that beautifies your code on every CTRL+S plus very good looking themes and colours.

Atom is completely free. Sublime costs 80 (?) bucks. In my opinion that is a ridiculously high price for what you get.

I know this doesn't relate to your question, sorry, but I just had to share this because I am surprised by how little attention/love atom has gotten so far.
Whats your problem with people using sublime text? Isnt it a matter of choice and personal preference? Sublime text is faster than atom. Just because you find it very easy to have plugins in atom doesn't mean sublime text is not to be considered. Also, sublime text license is just to remove the appearing message when saving, it doesn't hide any feature, it is a way to support the devs
erasio
Party member

Post by erasio »

jdse03 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:07 pm Hey, I tried Sublime Text and now I am using Atom.io.

I have no idea why someone would choose Sublime Text over Atom. It was so painful to get Sublime Text running while in atom all you do is installing one package.

You can even install several other handy packages such as a beautifier that beautifies your code on every CTRL+S plus very good looking themes and colours.

Atom is completely free. Sublime costs 80 (?) bucks. In my opinion that is a ridiculously high price for what you get.

I know this doesn't relate to your question, sorry, but I just had to share this because I am surprised by how little attention/love atom has gotten so far.
Here's someone who asks for suggestions and advice. And you attempt to start another editor war.

Sublime is very far from begin unusable to a point where discouraging the usage of the tool would be justified to some extent.

Feel free to start a discussion about editors if you must (though personal preferences and believes will likely turn any such thread into a shit show quite quickly as they have time and time again).

But don't go around trying to start polarizing, 100% off topic arguments. That's pretty much the definition of trolling. And we definitely don't need any of that here.

To everyone. Please abstain from commenting about editors in general and keep this topic related to ops question.
DarkShroom
Citizen

Post by DarkShroom »

lmao, yeah in the end it will be another editor war!

i am open minded to trying atom in the future, i just like the way sublime is fast and lightweight, you just get used to it. Furthermore i prefer python to javascript.

you might be right that sublime seems a bit almost, uncompromisingly confusing at first, they just made it so the package manager can be installed from default... i think they're reversing on a trend here a bit