Making LÖVE on Lunix/CentOS

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Okaghana
Prole

Making LÖVE on Lunix/CentOS

Post by Okaghana »

OK.

Im trying to install LÖVE2d on my CentOS 7 VM. So im supposed to run the followind commands:

Code: Select all

$ platform/unix/automagic
	$ ./configure
	$ make
So i just skipped the first Step because:

bash: /platform/unix/automagic: No such file or directory
On the second step I came till I had to install LuaJit. I installed LuaJit 2.0.3 from the website, but that didnt do it! Thats my progress so far.

As you may have noticed, Im not a expert in Linux and I have the system till 1 week. So I have actually no idea what to do now?!
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Making LÖVE on Lunix/CentOS

Post by bartbes »

Okaghana wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm So i just skipped the first Step because:

That file only exists in the repository, and not in the source tarballs, as it's already been executed for those. If configure exists you can skip it.
Okaghana wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm On the second step I came till I had to install LuaJit. I installed LuaJit 2.0.3 from the website, but that didnt do it!
Then you clearly didn't do it right ;). Depending on how you compiled it you can either locate the .pc file (luajit.pc) and call configure like this:

./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"
Adjust the path to the directory that contains the .pc file.

Alternatively, you can locate luajit itself, both the headers (look for luajit.h) and the library (look for libluajit-5.1.so), and specify both paths:

./configure lua_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/luajit-2.0" lua_LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib/ -lluajit-5.1"
And adjust the paths as appropriate, of course.
Okaghana
Prole

Post by Okaghana »

bartbes wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:05 pm
Okaghana wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm So i just skipped the first Step because:

That file only exists in the repository, and not in the source tarballs, as it's already been executed for those. If configure exists you can skip it.
Okaghana wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm On the second step I came till I had to install LuaJit. I installed LuaJit 2.0.3 from the website, but that didnt do it!
Then you clearly didn't do it right ;). Depending on how you compiled it you can either locate the .pc file (luajit.pc) and call configure like this:

./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"
Adjust the path to the directory that contains the .pc file.

Alternatively, you can locate luajit itself, both the headers (look for luajit.h) and the library (look for libluajit-5.1.so), and specify both paths:

./configure lua_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/luajit-2.0" lua_LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib/ -lluajit-5.1"
And adjust the paths as appropriate, of course.
Ok. Thank you so far. But because 1 error isnt enough, here is another one when I finally try tu run "make":https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/bX6Frpb.png
All the SDL Files are in my /usr/include/SDL folder, I reinstalled SDL via yum and I tried to put the individual .h files in the ./src folder.
Basically after you put 1 in it wants another SDL_*.h file and if you copy just all in, you get tons of errors!

-sincerrely Okaghana
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

There are some kind of precompiled packages in the repo, otherwise you have to install some tools to compile the whole thing. You'll also have to install the dependencies. I think I installed everything with the -dev "flag" when I compiled it myself on Debian. Some of the dependencies were Lua and openal. There are more details about the dependencies on their repo
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

You shouldn't have to copy any files. I'm not sure how it manages to error when compiling, but work when configuring, that shouldn't be possible. Did you install sdl 1.2 or 2.0?
Okaghana
Prole

Post by Okaghana »

xNick1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 am There are some kind of precompiled packages in the repo
Well.. where? I looked for it when I got error messages, but couldnt fine one.
bartbes wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 pm You shouldn't have to copy any files. I'm not sure how it manages to error when compiling, but work when configuring, that shouldn't be possible. Did you install sdl 1.2 or 2.0?
Ok. I thought I would have installed the 2.0 version, because you need it to compile Löve, but aparently I only installed 1.2. So I removed 1.2 from my system and instaled 2.0 by downloading, compiling and instaling the source code from the website. But still i get the same error. And with yum you can only get the 1.2 Version!
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

My bad, they're packaged as .deb :(
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Are you passing a path to SDL to configure? And if so, does the path you pass contain SDL_timer.h? If you compiled it from source I expect that file to be in /usr/local/include/SDL2.
Okaghana
Prole

Post by Okaghana »

bartbes wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 pm Are you passing a path to SDL to configure? And if so, does the path you pass contain SDL_timer.h? If you compiled it from source I expect that file to be in /usr/local/include/SDL2.
OK. Thank You! Finally! I just had to recompile the files with the new library installed, which I didnt think of before.
Anyways. Everything works now (I hope) and I'm satisfied and happy.
THX