Help getting started with touch and mobile

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Foxcraft
Prole

Help getting started with touch and mobile

Post by Foxcraft »

I liked turning to Löve in the past because it was really easy for me to put something together and get going. I was bouncing around a mobile game idea in my head and thought Löve might be good to make use of again.

I thought this thread I found was a good start on figuring out swipes, and I imagine I can figure out taps and finger-following from there. (Even though I've never done a game with touch before. I figure it's not too different from the mouse?)

But I was just wondering if there were any good resources to check out that I may have missed? I didn't see anything in the libraries list in the wiki. Did a search on the forum, too.

And then, there's making it easy to test that things are working (especially with figuring out touch itself). From what I can tell, the Löve app in the Play Store is probably the quickest way to test things out. I don't have an extra micro SD card at the moment, so I guess Dropbox or something might work out for passing files from my computer to the phone?

Any input on using and testing touch, and maybe mobile testing workflow advice (whether for Android or iOS), would be appreciated. :) I feel like I might have a decent idea already of what I'm doing, but I also have that sense that might be missing something and that it's just good to check for extra input.
raidho36
Party member

Re: Help getting started with touch and mobile

Post by raidho36 »

I have a library for touchscreen input handling, it detects basic gestures. Feel free to inspect the code and lift anything from it.
Foxcraft
Prole

Re: Help getting started with touch and mobile

Post by Foxcraft »

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely check that out!