Mouse or Touch function for mobile?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
raidho36
Party member

Re: Mouse or Touch function for mobile?

Post by raidho36 »

My library is sort of hard because you need to set up your settings properly before anything works; there is no magic "just do it" button (it would only possibly set up something simple, where using this library would actually be an overkill) and with the amount of options and modes available, it's a good bit verbose. But once it runs, it does pretty much everything you could want it to do.
hasen
Party member

Re: Mouse or Touch function for mobile?

Post by hasen »

zorg wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 pm Quoting the wiki: "The id values are the same as those used as arguments to love.touchpressed, love.touchmoved, and love.touchreleased. The id value of a specific touch-press is only guaranteed to be unique for the duration of that touch-press. As soon as love.touchreleased is called using that id, it may be reused for a new touch-press via love.touchpressed."
I was thinking that for two on screen buttons to control movement, it would often be more like a swipe from say the right button to the left rather than a release and then a touch. Not sure how to detect all this stuff. I guess touchmoved would be needed instead of gettouches..pity there's no tutorials on setting up control buttons like this.
zorg wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 pm I don't know what they meant by detect the color of the button; if we're talking about graphics, then i'd say that that'd be a waste of time; just check whether the x,y of a touch happened "inside" the button's graphic. to be honest, i think that'd also be possible with only using love.touchpressed...?
It was a way to detect where the touch happened on screen without defining an area with x,y.