Do android device users need to install love2d in their phone before playing a game made with love2d ?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Raj
Prole

Do android device users need to install love2d in their phone before playing a game made with love2d ?

Post by Raj »

If you make an android game using love2d, will it directly run on the device, or does the user need to install love2d on their phone first?
zorg
Party member

Re: Do android device users need to install love2d in their phone before playing a game made with love2d ?

Post by zorg »

If you follow one of the tutorials on how to package löve with your project into an apk, then no, they won't need to do anything else.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Skeletonxf
Citizen

Re: Do android device users need to install love2d in their phone before playing a game made with love2d ?

Post by Skeletonxf »

The apk you can create can be installed directly onto a device or put onto an app store like Google's or FDroid. For testing purposes its probably easier to use the .love files and use the LÖVE for Android (Beta) app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 2d.android.