Weird effect on sprites while moving

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Urvorn
Prole

Weird effect on sprites while moving

Post by Urvorn »

Hello everyone !

So currently I'm trying to create a Space Invaders clone but I have a problem that I don't seen before.
When my sprites are moving there is a weird effect on the borders. When I've created the sprites I have set a background color and make it transparent and this the problem : sometimes when the sprites are moving we can see the background color of my sprites and it should not happen.

Sorry for the title of this topic but I don't know the problem so I try to be as precise as possible. And also I don't know how to create screenshots with LOVE.

Thank you by advance.

Here is the code :

https://pastebin.com/tYtekk5G
Last edited by Urvorn on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The most important is not to succeed, it's to try to succeed."
zorg
Party member

Re: Weird effect on sprites while moving

Post by zorg »

if you're on windows, Alt + PrintScreen while having the löve window focused, should take a screenshot of the window's contents, then you can paste that into mspaint, save, upload and that's basically it. Edit: effort: A, reading comprehension: D-- .P

Also, show code (in [ code ] [ /code ] tags), and images. :3
Last edited by zorg on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Urvorn
Prole

Post by Urvorn »

Hey thank you for your quick reply !

I've updated the first comment to show the code but the screenshots are not really good you will see nothing.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

It's kind of hard to analyze a problem when you're unable to show what the problem is.

Taking a wild guess from your description: it may be caused by drawing the sprites at non-integer coordinates. Try rounding the sprite positions to the nearest integer coords in love.draw.

Code: Select all

love.graphics.draw(hero.image, math.floor(hero.x + .5), math.floor(hero.y + .5))
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Also, don't forget to do the same for the enemies as well, and probably the bullets too.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Urvorn
Prole

Post by Urvorn »

Ok thank you I will try. But the screenshots don't work, they show my entire screen...
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

Crop it in mspaint, or do as zorg said, use Alt+PrintScreen. That will only capture the active window.