issue on showing large image

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Alexar
Party member

issue on showing large image

Post by Alexar »

this animation sheet is at size of 969*19680.Love can not show the image correctly as following:
TIM截图20180601141533.png
TIM截图20180601141533.png (5 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
This is an error or it reaches the limit of the system? Any one can help me ? thank you!
Attachments
unit_limit_atk_208000105.png
unit_limit_atk_208000105.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 3168 times
KayleMaster
Party member

Re: issue on showing large image

Post by KayleMaster »

That's a lot of whitespace.
Anyways, try making it more like a square page.
Your system may be trying to round it to the nearest page size, which, after 16k x 16k is 32k x 32k and you may not support that.
You can do https://love2d.org/wiki/GraphicsLimit to get the max texture size of your system.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Also, not everyone's graphics cards may even support 16k sizes either; i'd either pack those more smartly, or separate these into multiple atlases. i'd say that a 4096x4096 should be fine.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Nelvin
Party member

Post by Nelvin »

I've fixed the spritesheet for you - 2k x 2k is all you need, separating the shadow form the sprite will probably reduce to about half of that.
sprites_test_00.png
sprites_test_00.png (894.15 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
Attachments
sprites_test_00.lua
(49.14 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

One more thing; i might be wrong about this, but to my eyes, it looks as if there are quite some duplicate frames in the sheet; usually if you want an animation to take more time than one frame, you just delay moving the "current frame" pointer to the next frame, effectively also storing a delay value with the frame position data. (the gif formats can do this, for example)
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
randomnovice
Party member

Post by randomnovice »

Just to say the graphics look great though!
Flicking down the screen was almost like doing one of those old flip books where the pages come to life as you use your thumb :)
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

I think your problem is that your GPU doesn't support textures of that size. Try generating texture atlases in runtime using maximum available texture size.