Problems with LOVE 11 on Win 10

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Dreanh
Prole

Problems with LOVE 11 on Win 10

Post by Dreanh »

I can only get console by running lovec in 11.1, it works with 11.0.

I can't run love files "boot.lua:479: No code to run" in 11.0 and 11.1.

If I run this code the first rectangle will be red and the second rectangle white, in 11.0 and 11.1.

Code: Select all

function love.draw()
	love.graphics.setColor(255,0,0)
	love.graphics.rectangle("fill", love.graphics.getWidth()/2, 0, love.graphics.getWidth(), love.graphics.getHeight()
  	love.graphics.setColor(love.math.random(255), love.math.random(255), love.math.random(255))
	love.graphics.rectangle("fill", 0, 0, love.graphics.getWidth()/2, love.graphics.getHeight())
end
zorg
Party member

Re: Problems with LOVE 11 on Win 10

Post by zorg »

For the first one, did you make a conf.lua file, and have t.console = true in it? (look at the wiki) otherwise, only lovec.exe will have a console by default.

For the second one, how exactly are you trying to run love files? or a better question, how are said love files packed? (you should pack the project folder's -contents-, not the folder itself)

For the last one, 11.0 normalized colors to the 0-1 range, so instead of love.math.random(255), you just want love.math.random().
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Dreanh
Prole

Re: Problems with LOVE 11 on Win 10

Post by Dreanh »

I have set t.console = true, used the config from the wiki, but there is no console.

I packed them wrong.

The last one I didn't know.