Cannot Load Game at Path

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Rainbov
Prole

Cannot Load Game at Path

Post by Rainbov »

Hello! Totally new user here!
So i saw in Wiki that in order to run your game you can drag .lua file onto the love.exe or shortcut, however when i try to do this i get an error:
What should i do?
Nixola
Inner party member

Re: Cannot Load Game at Path

Post by Nixola »

You need to drag the folder that contains the main.lua file, not main.lua itself
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Also, your image is broken, just saying; you probably wanted this link: https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/hxhQRdB.png
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
bruhmastir
Prole

Post by bruhmastir »

Nixola wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:32 am You need to drag the folder that contains the main.lua file, not main.lua itself
i did this a lot of times but still i get the same error. what should i do then?
note: this is my first program so i am still getting started i need help ASAP.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

You can try joining the discord server if you need even faster help, because the forums are a tad slow compared to that.
Unfortunately, what Nixola said should work, so the problem's not really that simple to debug if you're claiming it doesn't work...
...also, why are you registering multiple accounts? just curious.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.