[SOLVED] very slow play of video in raspberry pi 3 with PILOVE

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
darespa
Prole

[SOLVED] very slow play of video in raspberry pi 3 with PILOVE

Post by darespa »

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm sorry for my English.

I'm having problems trying to play a video on the raspberry pi 3 with love 0.10, which comes by default on PILOVE, I've converted the video with ffmpeg

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i name.mp4 -codec:v libtheora -qscale:v 7 -codec:a libvorbis -qscale:a 5 output.ogv
i use

Code: Select all

function love.load()
    video = love.graphics.newVideo("output.ogv")
    video:play()
end

function love.draw()
    love.graphics.draw(video, 0, 0)
end
but the video starts playing very slowly, and I do not know why, I'm a novice in love.

maybe the same thing happened to someone, I appreciate your help
Last edited by darespa on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Link
Prole

Re: very slow play of video in raspberry pi 3 with PILOVE

Post by Link »

The Pi only has hardware video decoding for H.264 and MPEG-4 encoded videos I believe. OGG videos are decoded through software, which limits the speed you can achieve with a (relatively) slow computer like the Pi. I suggest reducing the resolution of the video.
darespa
Prole

Re: very slow play of video in raspberry pi 3 with PILOVE

Post by darespa »

Link wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:30 am The Pi only has hardware video decoding for H.264 and MPEG-4 encoded videos I believe. OGG videos are decoded through software, which limits the speed you can achieve with a (relatively) slow computer like the Pi. I suggest reducing the resolution of the video.
thanks for your help, the truth is that lowing the resolution to the video is not an alternative for me, since the video must be played on 1080p TV, so create a bash script, which is responsible for playing the videos with omxplayer, maybe The only thing I do not like, is that when calling the game from the script, it takes around 3 seconds to start on the screen.