Presentation and where to start

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
HK7
Prole

Presentation and where to start

Post by HK7 »

Hola que tal,soy español y lo primero que quiero comentar es que no se me da muy bien el ingles y por eso escribo en español,si quereis puedo escribir en ingles con el traductor de google pero ya sabeis que es un traductor muy malo y suele traducir como le parece.

Llevo poco tiempo en esto de la programacion de juegos y en general.Se utilizar gamemaker,contruct 2,clicteam fusion 2.5 y gemix studio,pero solo soy un principiante y tampoco se me da muy bien.

Hace un tiempo descubri love2d y me gusto lo poco que pude probar,pude probarlo gracias a unos videotutoriales en español y a la poca documentacion en español que hay aqui en la pagina de love2d.

Pero me quede en el principio,no he podido avanzar porque todo lo que hay esta en ingles,tanto de love2d como de lua,entonces me he animado a registrarme en el foro para ver si hay alguien que sepa español y me pueda guiar un poco en mi aprendizaje.

Me gustaria saber si hay documentacion en español y si hay ejemplos para poder seguir aprendiendo,pero los ejemplos tendrian que ser con poco codigo porque si tiene mucho codigo me lio bastante.

Me voy despidiendo y espero poder encontrar a alguien que sepa español y me pueda hechar una mano y si no hay nadie pues al menos lo he intentado,hasta pronto. :awesome:

PD: perdon si me he equivocado de seccion para la presentacion pero no he visto ningun apartado para presentarme. :awesome:
Last edited by HK7 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HK7
Prole

Re: Presentation and where to start

Post by HK7 »

Hi, I've been waiting for someone to chew on me, but nobody has answered me.

At least you could have said anything to me.

If someone is so kind to tell me where I can download simple examples to learn love2d I would appreciate it.

Because as there is nothing in Spanish, I will have to learn with examples. I hope that someone answers me this time, please

pd-This is written with the google translator, if there are errors it's not my fault
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Hi and welcome to the forums.
First thing's first, don't be impatient; this is a forum, it's perfectly normal for people to not look at this place for days, much less 15 minutes.

Usually others would chew on you for not posting in english, but you did fix that, so that's not an issue.

Sadly i know not of any simple examples apart from the dozens of reference articles of the love wiki, which should have a spanish translation anyway; the quality and completeness of that may or may not be up to par with the english version though.

I do know at least one spanish person that frequented the forums, but he's busy nowadays so he'll probably turn down that tutoring offer you had, i'm guessing most will.

If you really don't want to accept english as a global language, for programming at least, feel free to find the spanish version of "Programming in Lua", and look through that first, then tackle löve.

Oh, and do translate this back to spanish, google's translator is actually pretty decent nowadays.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

ENGLISH VERSION BELOW

Hola. Este software de foros tiene un problema: algunos mensajes se muestran como ya leídos aunque no lo estén. Creo que son los que requieren la aprobación de un moderador. Como consecuencia, me perdí tu mensaje. Me pasa a menudo que sólo me doy cuenta de que hay un hilo nuevo cuando alguien responde en él, y a menudo coincide que es el primer mensaje que escribe esa persona. Disculpas.

En las áreas públicas de los foros sólo se habla inglés, porque hay gente de todo el mundo. Mira por ejemplo lo que ocurre aquí: viewtopic.php?t=8776. Eso explicaría que incluso los que vieron tu mensaje, no pudieran leerlo.

Hay varios tutoriales sobre LÖVE, pero casi todos en inglés. En español solo conozco esta página de la wiki, que explica algunos conceptos básicos: Tutorial:Callback Functions (Español)

Zorg te ha dado también un buen consejo: busca información sobre cómo programar en Lua primero, porque LÖVE se programa en Lua pero con algunas funciones extra. El manual de Lua es arduo de leer, porque es muy técnico, pero al menos está en español. Que yo sepa, el libro que es «la biblia» de Lua, llamado Programming In Lua, no está traducido al castellano.

Respecto a tu petición, aquí hay algunos tutoriales de juegos simples; tienen mucho texto pero también algo de código: https://simplegametutorials.github.io/

Y sinceramente, si quieres aprender a programar, el mejor material está en inglés así que te vendría bien aprenderlo.

ENGLISH VERSION

Hello. This forum software has a problem: some messages don't show up as unread. I think they are the ones that require moderator approval. As a consequence, I missed your post. Often I only notice a thread when someone replies, and it's usually the first message someone writes. Apologies.

The public areas of the forums are in English only, because there's people from all around the world. See what happens for example here: viewtopic.php?t=8776. That would explain why even the people who noticed your message couldn't read it.

There are several tutorials for LÖVE, but almost all of them are in English. In Spanish I only know this wiki page, which explains a few basics: Tutorial:Callback Functions (Español)

Zorg's advice is sound as well: search for materials on how to program in Lua first, because programming in LÖVE is programming in Lua with some extra functions. The Lua manual is a tough read, because it's highly technical, but at least it's in Spanish. To my knowledge, the "Bible" about Lua, called Programming in Lua, does not have a Spanish translation.

As for your request, here are a few tutorials for simple games; they have a lot of text but also some code: https://simplegametutorials.github.io/

And to be honest, if you want to learn programming, the best materials are in English so it would be a good idea to learn it.

@ZORG: I'm Spanish too ;)
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

pgimeno wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:00 pm @ZORG: I'm Spanish too ;)
Sorry, i was thinking about Kikito at first :P A bit hard for me to keep everyone in mind.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
HK7
Prole

Post by HK7 »

Thanks for answering both.

Thanks also for all the links, I will look at them with ease.

By the way, some advice to learn English, I'm a bit lost with this language.

Finally I wanted to tell you something ZORG, I'm not impatient, if you look carefully at the date of my message you'll see that I did it a month ago not 15 minutes ago, that's why I had to send another message. See you later and thanks again.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Oh, didn't even notice; makes more sense now; still, looks like the bug pgimeno mentioned since i haven't seen this topic before today at all.