Turn Based Games

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Purple Fedora
Prole

Turn Based Games

Post by Purple Fedora »

What is the best way to make an turn based board game?
I am making an computer version of the go board game. What is the best way to implement turn based action?
ivan
Party member

Re: Turn Based Games

Post by ivan »

The most realistic way is to start small - board representation and moves validation in the console using pure Lua. Then user interface and AI. Not easy to implement this well.
Pospos
Citizen

Post by Pospos »

Purple Fedora wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:34 pm What is the best way to make an turn based board game?
I am making an computer version of the go board game. What is the best way to implement turn based action?
Go is one of the hardest game to remake, because of the very complex ai.
Purple Fedora
Prole

Post by Purple Fedora »

It probably won't have ai until is it possible to make something like this without huge amounts of computingpower. It is ment is a only multiplayer game for now. I just want to know how do you make a good turn based timer in a game.
Purple Fedora
Prole

Post by Purple Fedora »

ivan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:17 pm The most realistic way is to start small - board representation and moves validation in the console using pure Lua. Then user interface and AI. Not easy to implement this well.
So I should just take a variable which tells who has the turn and it is gonna be a pure multiplayer game until it is maybe possible to have a good go so without huge amounts on power