SDL Error when launching a game on android

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
tahoma
Prole

SDL Error when launching a game on android

Post by tahoma »

I built an apk for my game using RichLove (although, I doubt it maters how i did that - it was built on the sdl2). I installed the game and get the following error message when launching it:
dlopen failed: library "/system/lib64/libgnustl_shared.so" needed or dlopened by "/system/lib64/libnativeloaser.so" is not accessible for the namespace "classloader-namespace"
I found this explanation of what might be going on, which makes sense, but I don't really know how to implement the suggested fix in general and without screwing up the distribution package in particular.

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!
AuahDark
Party member

Re: SDL Error when launching a game on android

Post by AuahDark »

It seems that fork of LOVE for Android is using GNUSTL for the C++ runtime library. It's worth noting that GNUSTL C++ runtime is no longer supported in recent NDK.

The best way to fix this is to use atleast NDK r16 and using the original repository as it has been updated to use libc++ runtime instead of GNUSTL (assume you're targetting 11.0).
Profile. Do you encounter crashes in LÖVE Android and wanna send me logcats? Please hit me up in LÖVE Discord and send the full logcat file!