Is there a Virus in LÖVE?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
DrRainbowCreeper
Prole

Is there a Virus in LÖVE?

Post by DrRainbowCreeper »

I have downloaded LÖVE, but i cannot open the program. I anytime get a Virus warning and i have seen the following message: "This data is dangerous so that we blocked it." Can you help / Are it really a Virus (OK... This question is dumb...)
MrFariator
Party member

Re: Is there a Virus in LÖVE?

Post by MrFariator »

I believe whatever anti-virus software you are using may be just be overtly cautious, and blocking the application even though it's a false-positive. This is pretty common in Windows 10 with Windows Defender, for instance. The love2d binaries you can download from the official repositories are safe, so you could try adding it to a white list or trusted applications (this depends on your anti-virus software of choice), or even as a last resort build it from source.
raidho36
Party member

Re: Is there a Virus in LÖVE?

Post by raidho36 »

DrRainbowCreeper wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:27 pm I have downloaded LÖVE, but i cannot open the program. I anytime get a Virus warning and i have seen the following message: "This data is dangerous so that we blocked it." Can you help / Are it really a Virus (OK... This question is dumb...)
Having combed through pretty much entire thing, I could say that no it's not a virus.