Porting LOVE2D to Symbian s60

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
netwan
Prole

Porting LOVE2D to Symbian s60

Post by netwan »

Who can porting love2d to the symbian s60 platform?
it would be a very meaningful work.
As the development of mobile phone games will be as interesting same j2me.
Very much looking forward to an expert do it! :)
LÖVE, i'mlovin'it
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: Porting LOVE2D to Symbian s60

Post by Jasoco »

I think porting LÖVE to cell phone OS' would be a great move. Especially if the OS X developer were to get an iPhone framework that would be used in Xcode to allow for games being developed for the iPhone/iPod Touch OS.

Maybe someone could also make one for Android, and another for Pre's WebOS.

Hmm... now we're just getting out of hand. So many frameworks. Not enough Löve to go around.

The iPhone Framework would basically be a wrapper application that would simply run any .love file you include in the project. To the end user it would act just like an iPhone app. But it would have some extra features and extra limitations. Like a fixed resolution of 480x320, but it would gain the ability to accept multiple touch points, and the ability to accept input from the tilt and motion sensors and use the vibration feature, but would lose keyboard and mouse controls. But hey, if you're gonna program a game for an iPhone, you're gonna custom program its input anyway.

It would basically be the LÖVE equivalent to frameworks like PhoneGap and NimbleKit which allow you to program your iPhone apps in WebKit using CSS/HTML/JavaScript instead of having to learn Cocoa, then submit them to Apple for the App Store as if they were any other iPhone app. (Or alternatively, offer them for installation via Jailbreaking) With Löve's speed, I bet we could do some real damage on the iPhone with a framework like this. It would make programming games for the iPhone/iPod touch much easier.

Hell, if I knew how to program Cocoa in the first place I'd probably offer to make it myself.
netwan
Prole

Post by netwan »

I am not very familiar with iphone development , as for symbian platform, I known use Open C SDK, will be easily porting sdl, lua, stl ... these libraries, package then app, need the phone love.exe install to c: \ bin \ mygame.exe, the logic of the game( *. lua ) install to e:\data\mygame, and then copy a mygame.ini file to c:\bin\, the document storage mygame load path

Code: Select all

mygame.ini 
datadir = e:\data\mygame 
This effect is equivalent run command: love.exe appdir, As wince platform, there may not be as complex, direct zip *. lua, copy /b love.exe + game, then is done.
LÖVE, i'mlovin'it
Borsty
Citizen

Post by Borsty »

Hell yeah.. making games for my mobile using lua :D