trying to simulate a punch with physics

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: trying to simulate a punch with physics

Post by Robin »

Pliskin09 wrote:rude should look at thecodeigniter framework's "user guide" (pretty much the same as our documentation). its so basic but it just tells you everything you need to know. love how they give all those small examples, regardless of how 'pointless' they might be.
I wouldn't describe that as "basic", but then again, I can see why you would see it as such. The problem is that this task will most likely rest on the shoulders of 1-3 persons (rude, and possibly bartbes or mike). rude wants the documentation to be an auto-generated API reference, and I say: let him. The "user guide" could easily be located on the wiki, where it can be nourished and looked after by a whole community. Those who just forgot the spelling of a certain function or constant (as I do regularly) don't need tutorials, examples and explanations of arguments (although listing their names, order and purpose in short is necessary).
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Pliskin09
Citizen

Post by Pliskin09 »

not basic? the codeigniters user guide is large. but the examples and the way the functions are given to you are very basic.

anyway, i agree with you. the doc should be straight to the point, function names and parameters, whilest the wiki could resemble the CI user guide. only reason i hate wiki's is because finding info is hard. a table of contents would be good but keeping it up to date could be a pain. (which is why i guess rude wants to automate the whole process huh)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Pliskin09 wrote:not basic? the codeigniters user guide is large. but the examples and the way the functions are given to you are very basic.
Ah, yes, I see what you mean by "basic" now.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

I hate to be so far from topic, but I would love to see the 0.6.0 doc initially copied over to the wiki. Then we can have our grubby little hands on it. We would put tutorials and descriptions on them in our own community time.