Error

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Someone
Prole

Error

Post by Someone »

When I press Alt + L to run the game, it gives me this error: "Running the contributed command: 'pixelbyte.love2d.run' failed." Can someone help?
zorg
Party member

Re: Error

Post by zorg »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

What game exactly? What OS are you on? and why would alt+L work to run something?
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
CogentInvalid
Prole

Post by CogentInvalid »

Looks like it's the run command for this VSCode extension: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... yte-love2d

You could try checking the settings for that extension to make sure that it has the correct path to love.exe.
Felix_Maxwell
Prole

Post by Felix_Maxwell »

I use this same extension - go to: File --- Preferences --- settings, search for 'love' in the settings search bar that appears, and you'll see where to put the path to the file, including the file itself (love). On windows its in program files, on linux its usually usr/bin/love and on apple its gotta be in the apps folder
devfail
Prole

Post by devfail »

I was getting the same error when opening the file directly for editing with VS Code

Instead open the folder where file is saved using "File>Open Folder" menu( select the folder where your main.lua file is)

Regards