Packaging apk file on an android

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Packaging apk file on an android

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Hi, all!
I've been trying to package an apk file on android, due to reasons where it's my only option, and I've seen that it seems possible p from some people in other sites. I decided to take liblove.so from the apk file to not have to build it
but besides that I'm having trouble and was thinking:
1)Could I use aide to do it(look at my other post
2)Or could I use a command line emulator to do it?

Thanks, all help is appreciated!
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
AuahDark
Party member

Re: Packaging apk file on an android

Post by AuahDark »

If you just want to package APK, not distributing to Play Store (as they reject APKs now), Game_Distribution/APKTool is sufficient.

You need PC/laptop to do it though. That means command-line emulator can't be used. Don't even think trying to package new APK from your phone, it's most likely won't work.
Profile. Do you encounter crashes in LÖVE Android and wanna send me logcats? Please hit me up in LÖVE Discord and send the full logcat file!
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: Packaging apk file on an android

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

AuahDark wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 pm If you just want to package APK, not distributing to Play Store (as they reject APKs now), Game_Distribution/APKTool is sufficient.

You need PC/laptop to do it though. That means command-line emulator can't be used. Don't even think trying to package new APK from your phone, it's most likely won't work.
I thought it seems possible (especially since liblove.so doesn't need to be built since it can be gotten from the android app) after reading about this app and
this guy who claimed he could, but maybe it's outdated, I don't know...
Anyhow, thnx for answering...
And what's this about play store not accepting apks :o, how would someone release their app there then?
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh: