love.exe has stopped working - hello world

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
codeN1nj4
Prole

love.exe has stopped working - hello world

Post by codeN1nj4 »

Hello Lovers,
I have been rather hesitant to post this problem but I have exhausted every avenue that I could think of. I recently installed Love on to my desktop and have tried running the hello world code found in the getting started section. I have tried running the game both with the main.lua in a standard file as well as a .love file (the .love file's icon even changes). When I drop either file on to my Love shortcut or execute the .love file itself I get a "love.exe has stopped working" error.

If anyone has any suggestions or insight as how to remedy this issue I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
Refpeuk
Citizen

Re: love.exe has stopped working - hello world

Post by Refpeuk »

That's what happens to me with the current release, you might be having the text issue that my video card has. Are you using the normal release or the latest alpha build?

If you have x64 you can try it out at https://love2d.org/builds/.

I'm not sure if there are any alpha x86 builds any more, x64 are the only ones listed.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times . . .
codeN1nj4
Prole

Post by codeN1nj4 »

Refpeuk wrote:That's what happens to me with the current release, you might be having the text issue that my video card has. Are you using the normal release or the latest alpha build?

If you have x64 you can try it out at https://love2d.org/builds/.

I'm not sure if there are any alpha x86 builds any more, x64 are the only ones listed.
Thank you very much Refpeuk, the earliest build worked perfectly for me.
Refpeuk
Citizen

Post by Refpeuk »

No problem, glad it worked!

BTW, one of the devs told me this fix will be in 0.8.1, so we can start using the official build then.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times . . .