.exe does not work in windows xp

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
worldaway
Prole

.exe does not work in windows xp

Post by worldaway »

I compiled my program in windows 7 64bit, and it works fine as an exe. I then transferred it over to a windows xp computer, and it does not work correctly. The music loads in and is playing, but none of the graphics are there in the framed window.
Is this something to do with 64 bit vs. 32 bit OS? Do I need to compile with a 32bit option? Does anyone know what the problem is?
Thanks.
kesac
Prole

Re: .exe does not work in windows xp

Post by kesac »

Which version of LÖVE (32-bit or 64-bit) did you use to create your .exe? Is your Windows XP computer 32-bit or 64-bit? I'm thinking your XP machine is most likely 32-bit and you used the 64-bit of LÖVE to build that .exe. Try building the .exe with the 32-bit version and see if it works.
Have you met the Child of Winter?
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

It's playing music and LÖVE didn't terminate with a 'love.exe stopped working/had to be terminated'? So it's just a black window that you can properly close? Sounds like a graphics driver issue.

64-bit executables won't run on 32-bit XP. There would be no music if a 64-bit LÖVE was used. ;)
Shallow indentations.
worldaway
Prole

Post by worldaway »

BIG UPDATE:

I imported in some simpler games to my xp machine, and discovered that the machine can not link the images for some reason. All the regular graphics will load in, but the images that are attached to them are not loaded in. The reason why no graphics loaded in for my first game is because all of the graphics in that game are images. The computer can open the image files individually, but they will not work in the game. Why is this happening?

Thanks, please help.
Qcode
Party member

Post by Qcode »

Your images are normal sizes, right? Not huge like above 1000 pixels?
worldaway
Prole

Post by worldaway »

Qcode wrote:Your images are normal sizes, right? Not huge like above 1000 pixels?
I don't think so, they worked fine on my windows 7 computer. Why would that be an issue?
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

worldaway wrote:I don't think so, they worked fine on my windows 7 computer. Why would that be an issue?
Some graphics drivers only support images with a resolution up to 512x512.
Shallow indentations.
worldaway
Prole

Post by worldaway »

BIG UPDATE AGAIN:
I tried creating a small image and running it, that was only about 30 pixels, and it still wouldn't show up. I also went to another xp computer, and it had the same issue. I have no idea what is going on.
doschnik
Prole

Post by doschnik »

I have the same issue with win xp 64bit. When i use a native 32bit xp everything works fine?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Are you sure you're using 0.8.0, because NPOT images not showing up sounds an awful lot like 0.6.0-0.7.2.