Translucent color?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
napco
Party member

Translucent color?

Post by napco »

Well, due to my limited english skills i really don't know if "translucent" is the right term... I'd like to "select" a color (like i do for transparent color with irfanview) when saving a .png file so that every gradation from transparent to translucent is displayed by love with decreasing transparency... Anti-aliasing? Like Jasoco's font used to display bombs/arrows... Is there any "free" program that a windows-user like me can download to make this happen?
Almost
Prole

Re: Translucent color?

Post by Almost »

I'm not sure I understand you. Translucence is a very similar effect to transparency: transparent means you can see everything behind it though tinted to this colour; translucent means you can see light (and so rough shapes) behind it.

What I think you are saying is that you want to be able to pick a background color that will be removed from images and treated as alpha: for example, pink used as a background color on a spritesheet. That said, I don't know how to do this. So.. I'm not much help.
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

Uh, nope... I can already do that... I want to make sprite border anti-aliased, instead of rough... Uff... I have the concept in my mind, but i can't explain it! What an horrible sensation...
Merkoth
Party member

Post by Merkoth »

AFAIK, LÖVE can do full-screen antialias, but I'm not really sure if that's what you want. In any case, such feature can be enabled using the config file, by setting the fsaa parameter.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

I think what you mean is translucency, which is IIRC having each pixel have RGBA values, for that you need a good (free ;)) image editor. For example the GIMP or Inkscape. (And yes, you can use them on Windows. :P)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

Yes, that's what i was looking for! Thank you!