Music and Sound problems

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
prmottajr
Prole

Music and Sound problems

Post by prmottajr »

I've got a simple pinball game using Box2D Love support for Ludum Dare 15, it was nice (but really simple table) however the music only plays in Linux. I had this same problem earlier but I thought it was a coding problem or something.

On Linux I set the frequency to 22K and the music was ok, but on windows that was an annoying buzz.

any idea ?

the game (with sound) can be found at http://www.paulomotta.pro.br/cavernball-with-music.love
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: Music and Sound problems

Post by TechnoCat »

It will not let me download it. The love linked appears to be a shortcut to download it. I'm confused.

EDIT: oops, my MIME type was all messed up for .love.

DOUBLE EDIT: Yeah, on Windows XP SP3 the sound is all screwed up. I heard what the wav was supposed to sound like. And it was not recognizable.
prmottajr
Prole

Post by prmottajr »

However if you unzip the file and play the wav on Media Player everything goes fine.

I am confused with this behavior, maybe it is the windows dll files ?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I tested on Ubuntu Jaunty and I'm hoping the sounds aren't supposed to sound that way, so I guess it fails here too.
prmottajr
Prole

Post by prmottajr »

Well that is odd... I tested with openSuSE 11.1 and 11.0 on more than one box, didn't get any problems. I will try to get an ubuntu box to test.

However I am still asking, did anybody had any sound problems with Love 0.5.0 ?

regards :)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

As said by the developers (including me, yay!) sound SUCKED in 0.5.0. For starters, we switched to OpenAL for audio display in 0.6.0 and we created our own lib to decode it. So no more SDL_mixer/SDL_sound, and believe me that solves a few problems. Though sound might not be all that better in 0.6.0, now at least we can fix something.
osgeld
Party member

Post by osgeld »

prmottajr wrote: However I am still asking, did anybody had any sound problems with Love 0.5.0 ?
I never had any issues with sound on 0.5.0 and ubuntu cept for mp3's which were busted
prmottajr
Prole

Post by prmottajr »

Well I had to compile SDL for the PowerPC so that it could run on openSuSE over the Playstation3, is there a release notes about 0.6.0 so that I can start the configuring phase ?

I am planning to provide the rpms for this stuff, but I am getting kinda stuck with many other tasks.