Shaderview - A tool for writing GLSL shaders

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Ikroth
Citizen

Shaderview - A tool for writing GLSL shaders

Post by Ikroth »

Shaderview
GitHub | Issue Tracker | Changelog

Shaderview is a desktop application for developing GLSL shaders using Lua, LÖVE2D, and GLSL. It features integrated debug tools, hot reloading, and compilation error handling.

Shaderview is under active development and I am looking for feedback, advice, and bug reports.

shaderview-0.2.0.love
(6.22 MiB) Downloaded 443 times

Features
  • Automatic file reloading - Application code, shaders, and textures will automatically reload whenever changes are detected.
  • Robust error handling - Shaderview catches application errors and shader compilation errors. When the errors are fixed, it will gracefully recover back to a working state.
  • Debug tools - View project info, performance data, and textures all inside the integrated debug GUI.
  • Multiple projects - Create and work on many different projects within Shaderview

Screenshots

shaderview-0.2.0.love
(6.22 MiB) Downloaded 443 times
Last edited by Ikroth on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuthen224
Citizen

Re: Shaderview - A tool for writing GLSL shaders

Post by Nuthen224 »

I've used shaderview extensively before, and I really recommend it to anyone who wants to test out shaders, play with existing ones, or create new ones.
I like to use it if I want to create a new shader to add to a game I'm working on before adding it to the project. The auto reloading and error catching makes it a lot more fun to work on shaders, without having to worry about getting the shader to work right while it's tangled up in a large project.

The app code is structured so that you can develop like you normally would, so what you make in shaderview can be transfered to a larger project with minimum friction.

Aside from that, it's a great environment for small visual projects, even if shaders aren't the focus.

Here is something I made in shaderview: