Simple Tiled Implementation - STI v1.2.3.0

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ChicoGameDev
Citizen

Re: Simple Tiled Implementation - STI v1.2.3.0

Post by ChicoGameDev » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:38 am

Indeed your answer was in first sight a bit rude due to a time loss or something like that. That being said I will PM you cause I'm curious to hear what you define as useless in Luven.

But just to stay focused on the subject, everything is working fine, the tilemap drawn by STI is correctly affected by Luven's lights and camera, all is great. The only strange factor in it is the bump bodies that are a little bit "off". All of this should be entirely correctable with the value passed to the STI draw functions. It has to be a little detail to make them work together, the thing is to find it.
Karai17 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:18 am
...but external cameras usually end up conflicting with STI in ways that I don't really intend to "fix"...

I'm sure you fixed it with the ability users have to set the translation and scale in the draw functions.

But let's make no drama here and just not start a libraries wars. :crazy:
I thought you will take that as an interesting challenge, but that's not the case and I shouldn't have asked in the first place.

And sorry for the .love file I was sure it could be launch I do not understand the error.. At least once extracted it works, it is strange.

Regards.
Lionel Leeser

Luven : https://github.com/chicogamedev/Luven

--

Always keep Game Dev as a passion.

Karai17
Party member

Re: Simple Tiled Implementation - STI v1.2.3.0

Post by Karai17 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:30 am

The general problem that I can see is that STI needs to control the graphics state to draw the map correctly when transformed, and Luven's camera (as most cameras) also tries to control the graphics state, seemingly causing a conflict. When I removed luven's state-affecting function calls, both the map and the bump debug draw lined up correctly as one would expect. Adding back the luven calls causes the debug draw in particular to break (though the actual collision objects themselves should be in their correct places).
STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé