love.bundle

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
raidho36
Party member

Re: love.bundle

Post by raidho36 »

Haha, no. The one thing you don't want to do with third party code is hacking it. Sure enough there's nothing stopping you from doing this and it's often easy to do, but there are repercussions to that. Most notably, that updating becomes less of a "unpack and overwrite" and more of "solve all merge conflicts". I've inherited heavily hacked SMF CMS, to the point it's impossible to update anymore, and we're stuck with 10 year old release because how insane an endeavor updating that thing is.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

phpBB should have an official plugin though. I'm sure this is a common feature.
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

raidho36 wrote:Haha, no. The one thing you don't want to do with third party code is hacking it. Sure enough there's nothing stopping you from doing this and it's often easy to do, but there are repercussions to that. Most notably, that updating becomes less of a "unpack and overwrite" and more of "solve all merge conflicts". I've inherited heavily hacked SMF CMS, to the point it's impossible to update anymore, and we're stuck with 10 year old release because how insane an endeavor updating that thing is.
What do you think plugins for forum software is? It's literally a list of new code and what lines to replace it with.

At least back in the day it was. I know punBB had a better plugin system than phpBB back in the day where you could install the plugins by dropping them in the right folder and update them through the forum software. I wouldn't be surprised if phpBB did this now too.

Still, what I said is still true. That's all a mod is. Modified code.
kicknbritt
Citizen

Post by kicknbritt »

Hahaha yea I just realized how old this was.... and the whole 'trying it out' didnt go very well... DX
"I AM THE ARBITER!!!" *Pulls out Energy sword and kills everything*
kicknbritt
Citizen

Post by kicknbritt »

and thanks positive 07
"I AM THE ARBITER!!!" *Pulls out Energy sword and kills everything*