ËNVY (LÖVE Framework)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Kuromeku
Party member

Re: ËNVY (LÖVE Framework)

Post by Kuromeku »

License? BTW, LÖVE uses Lua and Lua is an interpreted language and compiled at run-time so it is open-source. So, yes, I did include the source actually; and, no license was specified so it is free to use, modify, and redistribute providing that I am credited and that is out of respect and not force.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Kudomiku wrote:License? BTW, LÖVE uses Lua and Lua is an interpreted language and compiled at run-time so it is open-source. So, yes, I did include the source actually; and, no license was specified so it is free to use, modify, and redistribute providing that I am credited and that is out of respect and not force.
Pardon please. I was unclear once more.

I was referring to the image source (lossless image, for example png or svg or bmp).

Oh, I think you have an incorrect understanding of how licensing works. If you don't specify a license, then you automatically own all copyright and give no right to anyone to do anything. You don't have to put "copyright by me" on stuff so that it is copyrighted.

For better info on this topic, I recommend section one of 10 Big Myths about copyright explained
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
needcoffee
Prole

Post by needcoffee »

Kudomiku wrote:Maybe because it is set to run at fullscreen at 1024x768?
Thanks, i deleted all the resolution lines and the one for fsaa and it is working now.
Kuromeku
Party member

Post by Kuromeku »

qubodup wrote:
Kudomiku wrote:License? BTW, LÖVE uses Lua and Lua is an interpreted language and compiled at run-time so it is open-source. So, yes, I did include the source actually; and, no license was specified so it is free to use, modify, and redistribute providing that I am credited and that is out of respect and not force.
Pardon please. I was unclear once more.

I was referring to the image source (lossless image, for example png or svg or bmp).

Oh, I think you have an incorrect understanding of how licensing works. If you don't specify a license, then you automatically own all copyright and give no right to anyone to do anything. You don't have to put "copyright by me" on stuff so that it is copyrighted.

For better info on this topic, I recommend section one of 10 Big Myths about copyright explained
I don't like you, no offense or anything, you just seem like we aren't going to get on in the future.

Thanks.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

If you think qubodup is a dick, read on to page 42. If you think he's a big whiny wimp, to page 84 you shall travel

42) That's okay. Anyways: Please settle for a license or release it to the public domain.

84) :cry:
Last edited by qubodup on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Dvondrake
Prole

Post by Dvondrake »

---
Last edited by Dvondrake on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaze
Party member

Post by Kaze »

Dvondrake wrote:Everything is a lot like GMod Lua--Are you from Facepunch? :p
That's Conna. So yes.
u9_
Citizen

Post by u9_ »

qubodup wrote:That's okay. Anyways:

Please settle for a license or release it to the public domain.
It is not quite clear if something can be released to public domain. According to wikipedia:
It is commonly believed by non-lawyers that it is impossible to put a work into the public domain. Although copyright law generally does not provide any statutory means to "abandon" copyright so that a work can enter the public domain, this does not mean that it is impossible or even difficult, only that the law is somewhat unclear.
Although there is support in the statutes for allowing work to be dedicated to the public domain, there cannot be an unlimited right to dedicate work to the public domain because of a quirk of U.S. copyright law which grants the author of a work the right to cancel "the exclusive or nonexclusive grant of a transfer or license of copyright or of any right under a copyright" thirty-five years later, unless the work was originally a work for hire.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain#Copyright

Basically it says, that the author can dedicate his work to the public domain, but because he is the author, he can always terminate the "contract."

Of course, wikipedia is highly Americanized, in Europe it could be a different matter.
farvardin
Party member

Post by farvardin »

I noticed "Could not set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual" was because of "fsaa = 16", so I removed it from the game.conf and it's working fine. It's a nice framework which could be interesting to use for making games. Thanks.
Kuromeku
Party member

Post by Kuromeku »

Updated! Phase 5.

Code: Select all

[Phase 5]
	* Removed useless drawLaser and drawMode.
	* Removed prop_bullet example entity.
	* Removed all of the tutorial junk.
	* Added a game folder.
	* Added timer library.
Although it seems like a small deal. The structure is much better now so making a game is more modular, which is always nice. Take a look.

8-)