Paralax Scrolling BG + Sprite Animations

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
arquivista
No longer with us

Re: Paralax Scrolling BG + Sprite Animations

Post by arquivista »

Jasoco wrote: PhotoShop could (I know, it's Linux so no PS). I'd probably record the video in QuickTime. Export to .mov. Open PS and use the "Import as Frames" option. Then crop it, and play around with the color options for an hour anal-retentively until my OCD is satisfied with its look vs. its size. But that's just me. lol
Gods, what waste of time! The right answer still would be define the correct area! ;)
But you for sure are a freelancer paid by hour right? :D

BTW not with PS open but I think I remember some option that preserve an area colors when exporting. Or I'm wrong and that was only in ImageReady era?
--------------------------------------------------------
To Do: Insert Signature Here
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Well, QuickTime X doesn't have a "Record Selection" option. It records the whole screen at once, and I am not going to pay wads of money to buy a screen recorder that I will only use occasionally. So I record the whole screen, and just crop it when I have it in PhotoShop. ;) I work with the tools at my disposal. And PhotoShop offers many options for color depth, dithering, quality and file size.
Just for the hell of it.
Just for the hell of it.
Demo.gif (244.83 KiB) Viewed 5498 times
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

Jasoco wrote: I am not going to pay wads of money to buy a screen recorder that I will only use occasionally.
And about use the screen capture of very free VLC?
EDITED Just does video recording, no GIF recorded included, but you can limit recording area.
Anyway that's not the question, we are digressing, nomnom had in linux probably a free, fast, direct tool to do gif recording but used it badly. ;D
EPIC FAIL he used a too large area! :joker:
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

arquivista wrote:
Jasoco wrote: I am not going to pay wads of money to buy a screen recorder that I will only use occasionally.
And about use the screen capture of very free VLC?
EDITED Just does video recording, no GIF recorded included, but you can limit recording area.
Anyway that's not the question, we are digressing, nomnom had in linux probably a free, fast, direct tool to do gif recording but used it badly. ;D
EPIC FAIL he used a too large area! :joker:
How long has VLC had video capturing? And why the hell did they hide it away where you can't find it unless someone tells you it's there?

Okay.. well it saves as a .ts file. Can't it save as something like MOV or M4V?
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

Jasoco wrote: How long has VLC had video capturing? And why the hell did they hide it away where you can't find it unless someone tells you it's there?

Okay.. well it saves as a .ts file. Can't it save as something like MOV or M4V?
It's in a strange submenu. I would think find that in Video area. Instead a long path to get there:
"File > Open Capture device > Capture tab > Desktop". You can save from iSight too (nothing extraordinarie right?) and EyeTV (that I dont have), you have framerate, dimensions, the nice feature "follow the mouse" (I want to test this later) etc and as formats MPEG TS, MPEG PS, MPEG1, Ogg, AVI, ASF, QuickTime, MPEG4, Raw. Don't you have that ones in the list?

EDITED: It's a lot complete, then it gives option to choice codec's, bitrate, compression, channels for video and audio. If plays almost all formats, it seems it records too in almost ways it can! :ultrashocked:
nomnom
Prole

Post by nomnom »

arquivista wrote:nomnom had in linux probably a free, fast, direct tool to do gif recording but used it badly. ;D
It is a command line tool, and I wasn't very interested in help texts, so I just recorded the whole screen :<
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

nomnom wrote:
arquivista wrote:nomnom had in linux probably a free, fast, direct tool to do gif recording but used it badly. ;D
It is a command line tool, and I wasn't very interested in help texts, so I just recorded the whole screen :<
Well, that's explained why you were a kind of lazy on do it. ;)
You are "forgiven" since it would be hard to well define area to record. A good quick way to do it is put LOVE window at top left corner and in the switch put a valour a little bit more bigger than the one indicated in Love code for window size.
Last edited by arquivista on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

You could use fraps to record to screenshots ever X seconds. Then use virtualdub to string the screenshots together. The process is pretty quick since virtualdub can detect the names of the screen. So if the screenshots were numbered 1 through 10, it would automatically put them in the right order.

If you didn't want to use fraps you could just use anything that will let you save to screens.
@rynesaur