Paralax Scrolling BG + Sprite Animations

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Paralax Scrolling BG + Sprite Animations

Post by Robin »

Looks like a PO2 fail.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

nomnom wrote: Image
Heavens, you scare me like hell when I saw my gfx with strange colour! Then I noticed it was a gif! (relief)

EDITED BTW that is a fork from original in first post. I only changed gfx anyway, so probably the problem is still in original. You should check that one too. Just warning since my gfx could have a weird format/encoding?
--------------------------------------------------------
To Do: Insert Signature Here
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

nomnom wrote: EDIT: Made a GIF animation to show you what doesn't work
Whatever you're using to create gifs sucks.
nomnom
Prole

Post by nomnom »

thelinx wrote:
I know, but flash sucks too, and not many people have support for SVG animations :roll:

Oh, sorry arquivista :P I didn't want to scare anyone

The problem is in your version and in the thread starter's one.
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

nomnom wrote:
thelinx wrote:
I know, but flash sucks too, and not many people have support for SVG animations :roll:

Oh, sorry arquivista :P I didn't want to scare anyone

The problem is in your version and in the thread starter's one.
That's ok, already recovered. Thanx for checking both versions. So I will not export again gfx. ninwa then still have to check a better way to do the sprite anim code.

OFF-TOPIC: Hey Flash only sucks on Mac and in Apple stuff. Flash in general only sucks if contents are bad made and unfortunly a lot of people give flash a bad name. SVG already "failed" years ago when was announced to substitute Flash and since then Flash power and funcionality was improved even more. Flash will always be the choice for web multimedia unless some real good html5+SVG editors appear. Anyway Flash will beat SVG for many years since SVG is under burocratic supervision and to improve something there takes ages.
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

nomnom wrote:I know, but flash sucks too, and not many people have support for SVG animations :roll:
I'm not saying that the .gif file format sucks, I'm saying that the application you used to create a gif animation that screwed up all the colours sucks.
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

thelinx wrote:
nomnom wrote:I know, but flash sucks too, and not many people have support for SVG animations :roll:
I'm not saying that the .gif file format sucks, I'm saying that the application you used to create a gif animation that screwed up all the colours sucks.
Let's be fair, none Gif animated program could do better job on that. the 256 color limitation can't put a much faithful palette in so large area. GIF's aren't intended for pseudo-"movies" of that huge size.

However he could instead limit the movie size to the game window and all would be fine. It's more nomnom fault than a program fault.

EDITED: nomnom, like there is people that give as I said Flash a bad name there is some people that give GIF a bad name too. Guess who? ;D
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

arquivista wrote:OFF-TOPIC: Hey Flash only sucks on Mac and in Apple stuff. Flash in general only sucks if contents are bad made and unfortunly a lot of people give flash a bad name. SVG already "failed" years ago when was announced to substitute Flash and since then Flash power and funcionality was improved even more. Flash will always be the choice for web multimedia unless some real good html5+SVG editors appear. Anyway Flash will beat SVG for many years since SVG is under burocratic supervision and to improve something there takes ages.
That is so incredibly wrong that I don't even know where to start...
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

nevon wrote:
arquivista wrote:OFF-TOPIC: Hey Flash only sucks on Mac and in Apple stuff. Flash in general only sucks if contents are bad made and unfortunly a lot of people give flash a bad name. SVG already "failed" years ago when was announced to substitute Flash and since then Flash power and funcionality was improved even more. Flash will always be the choice for web multimedia unless some real good html5+SVG editors appear. Anyway Flash will beat SVG for many years since SVG is under burocratic supervision and to improve something there takes ages.
That is so incredibly wrong that I don't even know where to start...
So please don't! :)
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

arquivista wrote:
thelinx wrote:
Let's be fair, none Gif animated program could do better job on that. the 256 color limitation can't put a much faithful palette in so large area. GIF's aren't intended for pseudo-"movies" of that huge size.
PhotoShop could (I know, it's Linux so no PS). I'd probably record the video in QuickTime. Export to .mov. Open PS and use the "Import as Frames" option. Then crop it, and play around with the color options for an hour anal-retentively until my OCD is satisfied with its look vs. its size. But that's just me. lol