Paralax Scrolling BG + Sprite Animations

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ninwa
Party member

Re: Paralax Scrolling BG + Sprite Animations

Post by ninwa »

Ryne, the help is no problem and doesn't come with obligations. :) I'll probably be abandoning this anyway so that was mostly me joking :)

Also, I figured out where the problem was and why it was acting differently for TechnoCat. I'll upload the newest (probably last) version in a bit. :)
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

Alright, no problem :) Though, let me know if you need some sprites in the future :)
@rynesaur
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

8bit.png
8bit.png (124.07 KiB) Viewed 5583 times
ninwa wrote:I'll upload the newest (probably last) version in a bit. :)
No, no, I did a last version, a 8 bit version just to comply with the nice chiptune music! ;)

EDITED: what a moron! I forgot to upload too earlier the little graphical joke 8.bit APP version. I hope you don't mind ninwa. I'll remove it if you want. I replaced the sprites/bg and animated in code first layer too.
Attachments
8bit_paralax.love
This is just a joke. Don't redistribute this! Kudos to ninwa for this nice demo!
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 339 times
--------------------------------------------------------
To Do: Insert Signature Here
ninwa
Party member

Post by ninwa »

Amazing. That looks really fantastic! Thank you :) And you never have to ask to modify my original programs, especially when you're improving them!

Unless specified otherwise all of my programs on this site are free as in speech and beer!
ninwa
Party member

Post by ninwa »

Robin wrote:
ninwa wrote:I agree, but unfortunately I'm not an artist and the spriteset didn't have a "running" animation. The gliding looks great in the air but is definitely awkward on the ground.
You could have game play where you would have to jump to move. ;)
I think you were joking, but that's actually kind of an interesting concept. I'm almost interested in making some sort of "wave of bad guys to fight"-esque game out of this where you fight primarily in the air and special abilities reduce your "flight," and if you use too many attacks you fall to the ground, left vulnerable, while it regenerates. It seems somewhat limited in scope though, almost as if it would be a mini-game to some much bigger more interesting game. Plus I think the controls would be a little frustrating after awhile constantly pressing space.

You know what? I think I can assert you were definitely joking, or I'm completely unimaginative. :)
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

You could try something out-the-box and more conceptual. For example explore things like transport to a distant goal an object (the box, a ball) in the air without letting it fall.

Obstacles in ground and air would nasty your efforts adding risk in object fall.

What about transport a Asian Dragon egg? lol
Last edited by arquivista on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ninwa
Party member

Post by ninwa »

arquivista wrote:You could try something out-the-box and more conceptual. For example explore things like transport to a distant goal an object (the box, a ball) in the air without letting it fall.
The samurai delivery man who broke his legs, is forbidden to carry things with his hands, but must fly packages to their respective destinations, using only his sword as a method of transporting goods! Haha. :)

Actually, this gave me an idea!
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

ninwa wrote:
arquivista wrote:You could try something out-the-box and more conceptual. For example explore things like transport to a distant goal an object (the box, a ball) in the air without letting it fall.
The samurai delivery man who broke his legs, is forbidden to carry things with his hands, but must fly packages to their respective destinations, using only his sword as a method of transporting goods! Haha. :)

Actually, this gave me an idea!
Heh heh I edited my last post. What about don't let dragons egg fall? if they fall and broke a baby dragon would eat samurai/ninja! lol

EDITED Maybe not by sword, but by mystic power "use the force luke" punches.
I hope today night try to do some ninja sprites just to see how it looks

EDITED 2 Hmm, maybe have to use his hand mystic powers as way of transport isn't a stupid idea at all if object is too large/heavy...
Sometimes when things seems be at start ridiculous, they aren't really...
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

ninwa wrote:You know what? I think I can assert you were definitely joking, or I'm completely unimaginative. :)
I were joking, but that doesn't mean I wasn't serious as well.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
nomnom
Prole

Post by nomnom »

:emo: I don't get it to work like it should. I experience the same problem as kikito (or maybe not?):
I start to walk and I don't see a walking animation, but a white area where the ninja should be. Same problem with jumping. But if I press x to hit with the sword, I see the animation, both on the ground and in air.

btw: nice styles for the Wiki and for the forums :D (and nice smilies too!)

EDIT: Made a GIF animation to show you what doesn't work