Grid Engine

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ZenX2
Citizen

Re: Grid Engine

Post by ZenX2 »

I got frustrated with my other projects and came back to this because it's easy and fun.
As you can see, I'm looking in a chest containing malicious ham.
In other news, I wrote a quick hook system as a start for mod compatability (as in, not having to mess with the source code to make special stuff)
With this, you can mess with the every bit of say, the player, and add things when he's created, when he moves, when he thinks...

And what does that say in the corner? 71 FPS! :crazy:
Mud
Citizen

Post by Mud »

ZenX2 wrote:I got frustrated with my other projects
Ahhh... :(
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

ZenX2 wrote:I got frustrated with my other projects and came back to this because it's easy and fun.
As you can see, I'm looking in a chest containing malicious ham.
In other news, I wrote a quick hook system as a start for mod compatability (as in, not having to mess with the source code to make special stuff)
With this, you can mess with the every bit of say, the player, and add things when he's created, when he moves, when he thinks...

And what does that say in the corner? 71 FPS! :crazy:
I would like to try this out, were you planning to release an updated version soon?
@rynesaur
ZenX2
Citizen

Post by ZenX2 »

I think I'll make the player inventory and inventory transferring before I release. Another problem is menu updating...
ZenX2
Citizen

Post by ZenX2 »

First update in around a week!
The new update adds mod support (booyah!) and inventories.
I've found something interesting: If a menu is local, other menus can interfere with it. This is not good at all, so make sure they are referenced, not just local.
ZenX2
Citizen

Post by ZenX2 »

I've been working on a Diablo-esque mod for this, with stats, randomly generated items/etc, and a continuing struggle with saving.
I've decided I'll resort to a C++ extension thing, called pluto, which is made specifically for things like saving large chunks of the lua universe.
And of course, I have to go through dll hell to compile it :cry:
ZenX2
Citizen

Post by ZenX2 »

It's been nearly a month since I posted an update of my progress here, so guess what?

I started and finished combat!

Combat is entirely handled through the menu in a pseudo-pokemon/final fantasy/kingdom of loathing sort of way.
You can attack, use a special attack, use an item, or run from the fight. You only have one chance to run.

When you kill an enemy, a list of the loot you got appears, and you can take what you want.

Of course, you can die too.

(No, saves are not done, but I'm close to getting them right.)
ZenX2
Citizen

Post by ZenX2 »

A little GUI mod I whipped up. (The pic isn't the completed library)

It comes with:
-A base for gui stuff (GUI.Box)
-Buttons
-Labels
-Frames

A frame has a bar at the top that lets you drag it around, and and optional title/close button.

This is just the basics, it should be easy to make your own controls.

To install it, stick the unzipped folder in the mods folder of the .love.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

If you're going to use 1 pixel lines (Or any odd numbered thicknesses), please add .5 to each X and Y to make them solid.