fuzzy love

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ishkabible
Party member

Re: fuzzy love

Post by ishkabible »

what do you mean by OpenGL dev libs? do you mean like glfw, glut, ect... if so there wripe for the picking.

anyway. i can implement everything fairly easily except for the damned filesystem, i can get boost::filesystem to compile on gcc and it's pissing me off, says
obj\Debug\main.o||In function `_static_initialization_and_destruction_0':|
c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.4.1\..\..\..\..\include\boost\system\error_code.hpp|214|undefined reference to `boost::system::generic_category()'|
c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.4.1\..\..\..\..\include\boost\system\error_code.hpp|216|undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'|
im so fucking pissed at this, is there any alternative to boost::filesystem? i would hate to make my own, that would take forever and i don't have enoghe different computers to test it on. all i have are computers running windows and i can install linux on any of them of couse but where the hell am i going to a mac for testing? if anyone has an alteritve or know whats going on here due tell, i have boost linked and the. ive been building library's all day(well off and on) and boost::filesysteam stumps me, this sucks. how important is the file system anyways, you can just save the stuff locally right?
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

boost::filesystem? Is that for providing the like of love.filesystem? LÖVE uses PhysFS for that.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

ok let me check on that, thanks!!

edit: re-reading that post, i realized how funny that actually was, i made excuses and everything :)
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

ok so physfs compiles and everything but no file types are supported. it internalizes just fine. when i add a path it gives me 'unsupported file type' when i call PHYSFS_getLastError(). i checked the supported file types and there are none, the char** is allocated but non of it's elements are, the first element if NULL. what on earth is going on here
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

alright ive been working on fuzzy love, im reimplementing the c++ side of love becuase 1) it's fun and 2) i hate messing with other peoples code.

i have the following classes fully functional:
*Audio witch implements the type for love.audio
*Timer witch implements the type for love.timer
*Drawable the super class of all drawable objects
*Image witch implements the type returned by love.graphics.newImage
*ParticleSystem witch implements the type returned by love.graphics.newParticleSystem
*Source witch implements the type returned by love.audio.newSource
*Event witch implements the type for love.event (i did things differently here becuase of how glfw works and how i like things to work)

i have the following classes partially functioning:
*Engine the type for love
*Graphics the type for love.graphics
*Keyboard the type for love.keyboard
*Mouse the type for love.mouse

here is a simple program that demonstrates some of it's current features (I'm uploading the windows executable for this)

Code: Select all

#include "include/fuzzy_love.h"
#include "include/fuzzy_audio.h"
#include "include/fuzzy_graphics.h"
#include "include/fuzzy_mouse.h"
#include "include/fuzzy_engine.h"
#include "include/fuzzy_keyboard.h"

using FuzzyLove::Audio;
using FuzzyLove::Drawable;
using FuzzyLove::DrawablePtr;
using FuzzyLove::Image;
using FuzzyLove::ImagePtr;
using FuzzyLove::Source;
using FuzzyLove::SourcePtr;
using FuzzyLove::Graphics;
using FuzzyLove::Engine;
using FuzzyLove::ParticleSystem;
using FuzzyLove::ParticleSystemPtr;

int main(int argc,char * argv[]) {
	Engine love(1024,1024,"Fuzzy Love");
	love.mouse.setVisible(false);
    SourcePtr MySource = love.audio.newSource("prondisk.xm",FuzzyLove::Stream);
    MySource->play();
    MySource->setLooping(true);
    bool running = true;
    double theta = 0, dt;
    short x=100,y=100;
    int mx=0,my=0;
    unsigned char s[]={200,0,255,255},e[]={0,255,0,128};
    ImagePtr zombie = love.graphics.newImage("zombie.png");
    ImagePtr background = love.graphics.newImage("BackGround.png");
    ImagePtr BloodSpater = love.graphics.newImage("BS.png");
    ParticleSystemPtr p = love.graphics.newParticleSystem(BloodSpater,300);
    p->setEmissionRate(50);
	p->setSpeed(60, 60);
	p->setGravity(200);
	p->setSize(1, 0.5);
	p->setPosition(0, 0);
	p->setLifetime(-1);
	p->setParticleLife(3);
	p->setDirection(FuzzyLove::PI*1.5f);
	p->setSpread(FuzzyLove::PI/2.0f);
	p->setColor(s,e);
	p->setSize(1.0f,0.2f,1.0f);
    while(running) {
    	running = love.event.poll();
    	dt = love.timer.getDelta();
    	p->setPosition(mx, my);
    	p->update(dt);
		mx = love.mouse.getX();
		my = love.mouse.getY();
        theta = atan2(my-y,mx-x) + FuzzyLove::PI/2.0f;
        love.graphics.clear();
		glColor3f(1.0f,1.0f,1.0f);
        love.graphics.draw(background,0,0);
        love.graphics.draw(zombie,x,y,theta,1,1,32,32);
        love.graphics.draw(p,0,0);
        if(love.keyboard.isDown('W')) {
            y-=5;
        }
        if(love.keyboard.isDown('A')) {
            x-=5;
        }
        if(love.keyboard.isDown('S')) {
            y+=5;
        }
        if(love.keyboard.isDown('D')) {
            x+=5;
        }
        love.graphics.present();
        love.timer.step();
    }
    return 0;
}
*note: there is currently a bug in witch you mouse will remain invisible after it leaves the window. you should just be able to press escape to exit the program
Attachments
FuzzyLoveDemo.zip
it's a .zip file, extract it somewhere and play fuzzy_love.exe
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 211 times
zac352
Party member

Post by zac352 »

$ Downloads/FuzzyLoveDemo/fuzzy_love.exe
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\DevIL.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library DevIL.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\fuzzy_love.exe") not found
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\DevIL.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library DevIL.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\ILU.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ILU.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\fuzzy_love.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library DevIL.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\ILUT.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library DevIL.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\ILU.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ILU.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\ILUT.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ILUT.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\fuzzy_love.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\zachary\\Downloads\\FuzzyLoveDemo\\fuzzy_love.exe" failed, status c0000135
._.
Hello, I am not dead.
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

what OS are you using? i included all of the .dll's and some of those are .dll's that windows should have on it's own.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

Looking at his prompt

$ Downloads/FuzzyLoveDemo/fuzzy_love.exe
I would say not Windows.
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

that's what i was thinking, it's strange that he didn't get some other error though. the fact that it sitted .dll's as being missing made me think it was something windows compatible.
rosshadden
Prole

Post by rosshadden »

@ishkabible, did you end getting anywhere significant with this?

I really like the idea of having a simple game framework that allows for coding everything in Squirrel, in the same way that Love2d does with Lua. I was looking into doing it myself but decided I didn't quite have the time (or patience) for it right now.