Erös Alpha Version 0.0.2.1

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
EMB
Citizen

Re: Erös Alpha Version 0.0.2.1

Post by EMB »

crow wrote:EMB I just been reading up and I think Norton as giving you a false reading as the exe packege is encrypted to protect its contect could you please submit a false virus report to your AV please so we can cut this out thanks
I'm sorry for the skepticism, but I want more information before running the EXE. For example why you are encrypting it's contents?
Request Programs
If Linux were a beer, it would be shipped in open barrels so that anybody could piss in it before delivery
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

EMB wrote:
crow wrote:EMB I just been reading up and I think Norton as giving you a false reading as the exe packege is encrypted to protect its contect could you please submit a false virus report to your AV please so we can cut this out thanks
I'm sorry for the skepticism, but I want more information before running the EXE. For example why you are encrypting it's contents?
Its just a function of the app I made it in so the source can't just be extracted, don't use it if you feel that its going to do damage but is already had
good 20 + downloads and your the first to complain its your AV at fault not my software the none webEXE or singeEXE whatever you call it wont be like
this but the singleEXE, use a sandbox or a vm pc if you really think its going to do harm but I simply just clicked Excrypted EXE option when I was compiling
it at the time.

If I was going to hide someone in my code there would be way better ways then using a Encrypted content and for the last time its not open source so I have
the right to keep my source from you cos I spent hours on this and the source code I am using is for another project I am doing I stated this in another post
somewhere so I don't want my source to be out there sorry but I have that right.

If anyone else as used this could they post and put EMB's mind at rest cos I don't think a vid of it working on my pc would.
Sir Kittenface
Möko IDE Codename (Erös) Returns Soon

I am dyslexic so if any of my replys confusing please just ask me to reword it as this will make things a lot easier for all parties lol.
EMB
Citizen

Post by EMB »

Hey, I was just asking for more clarification!
Now I've run it I have a few bugs/annoying things to report.
  • First, I PERSONALLY don't like the fact that it forces a save point.
  • Second, I can't open/edit ANY of the stuff in the column on the left.
  • Third, why does it need a custom Erös function?
Don't take this as me hating, I'm just pointing these things out.
Request Programs
If Linux were a beer, it would be shipped in open barrels so that anybody could piss in it before delivery
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

EMB wrote:Hey, I was just asking for more clarification!
First:
No no this is useful, well it as to save the files as it has to pass the files to love there is no way around this as I am not emulating love its using real love
and love does not accept files as sting it looks for the main.lua files.

Second:
If you mean the first few this is true and the rest are just modules that enable and disable i not added author/version editing just yet as only my custom functions made in the Eroc funtion that use that in the table even the love members say there not used by default.
I have not set them to change if there the ones you mean remember this is just a alpha but I will have them enable in the next version I seem to over looked
the title changing also I thought I had that one working so I re-enable them thanks for that.

Last:
The Erös function enable the IDE to right the l_functions.lua file as this will include all the custom files so you can use the tables that love don't use right now like version, author and alike, it will also include n00b friendly functions in the future. you can disable Erös and delete the line require('l_functions.lua');
and it wont make the file on build, the function in the future will also remove the lua file from the project when its disabled.

Thanks for your reply and sorry if I confused you with the exe Norton is not friendly with many programs lol I hope you did not think i was been rude to you :)
thaks for the report, and fucntions you like to see? I am just working on a function that will include the scripts you have in a script folder in the viewer.
I hope to add a option to edit these also.
Sir Kittenface

I am dyslexic so if any of my replys confusing please just ask me to reword it as this will make things a lot easier for all parties lol.
EMB
Citizen

Post by EMB »

crow wrote:
EMB wrote:Hey, I was just asking for more clarification!
First:
No no this is useful, well it as to save the files as it has to pass the files to love there is no way around this as I am not emulating love its using real love
and love does not accept files as sting it looks for the main.lua files.

Second:
If you mean the first few this is true and the rest are just modules that enable and disable i not added author/version editing just yet as only my custom functions made in the Eroc funtion that use that in the table even the love members say there not used by default.
I have not set them to change if there the ones you mean remember this is just a alpha but I will have them enable in the next version I seem to over looked
the title changing also I thought I had that one working so I re-enable them thanks for that.

Last:
The Erös function enable the IDE to right the l_functions.lua file as this will include all the custom files so you can use the tables that love don't use right now like version, author and alike, it will also include n00b friendly functions in the future. you can disable Erös and delete the line require('l_functions.lua');
and it wont make the file on build, the function in the future will also remove the lua file from the project when its disabled.

Thanks for your reply and sorry if I confused you with the exe Norton is not friendly with many programs lol I hope you did not think i was been rude to you :)
thaks for the report, and fucntions you like to see? I am just working on a function that will include the scripts you have in a script folder in the viewer.
I hope to add a option to edit these also.
First:
I meant forcing you to save in My Documents, not forcing you to save. I know that you need to save, but I would simply like an option of where to save.

Second:
I meant I could not even open/add any of the files shown to me.

Third:
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
Request Programs
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

Can you please send me a screen shot of number 2 please as it is all working here and all the test others done way from this site seems to work maybe
they could be a fault somewhere.

I never used any full IDE that does not use project files I might add a function later that lets you save to another section but since a future option will back up
function that will save a back up project file and it keeps all the files uniform I see what you mean on your first option but I have made program like this before and people complained about bugs they made by saving in stupid places so for now I am going to stick with this but I might add a new work space option where you can move the work space long as its not in a program folder or other projected section as I don't want to add silly UAC options as its a ugly thing to show a user each time.

But I will add this as a maybe option its feedback all the same and I understand you wanting this option but it save in the my document folder as its the best option but I not sure why you would not want to make sure where your work is.

But can you screen shot me that fault as only the title, author Inden Version and console are not enabled in that list the rest is working so a screen shot and any error messages that are shown would be great if you could thanks.

Thanks for your feedback so far man :P
Sir Kittenface

EMB
Citizen

Post by EMB »

First, it's not that I don't like saving in My Documents it's just that I don't like stuff being forced upon me. For an idea on saving, have a look at the Visual C++, C#, VB stuff by Microsoft (look up a beginners youtube video if you don't have any of them installed.).

Second, I feel stupid and will shut up. It was me ignoring the big "DISABLED" sign...
Request Programs
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

EMB wrote:First, it's not that I don't like saving in My Documents it's just that I don't like stuff being forced upon me. For an idea on saving, have a look at the Visual C++, C#, VB stuff by Microsoft (look up a beginners youtube video if you don't have any of them installed.).

Second, I feel stupid and will shut up. It was me ignoring the big "DISABLED" sign...
All by default use My documents I have VS 2008 installed right now and never been asked where I want to save it first time I used it it give a option to save else where but i want to keep it uniform and I can't add a point of install in per app cos this would confuse it if you used the app then used a demo as the demo would override this and damage the registry.

I will in the future add a option to change root folders but this be for advance users only as using my documents means I don't have to mess about with UAC and if you give some users the opiton to save anywhere they might pic a UAC protected folder where I would have to add way more coding just to check if the file was saved in this section and I know it wont as I made it work without needed UAC at all.

Don't get me wrong I know where you coming from but at the same time this is made for n00bs as well so It was to be Der friendly lol, so right now it wont be changed @ a later stage it will have a new option but not sure when that will be as right now I have only 3 alpha reports and only one from here I really need more people telling me whats happing and whats working and whats not before I release alpha 2 what I am working no I am working on a script list what in the future will also give you the option to edit that script.

P.S Thanks EMB for your feedback, reports and ideas so far its been very useful and helpful.
Sir Kittenface

EMB
Citizen

Post by EMB »

Ajdhaskjfdn.png
Ajdhaskjfdn.png (6.35 KiB) Viewed 7659 times
That's what I mean, it just gives choice. Anyway, if you don't feel comfortable at this stage implimenting it then don't bother.

It's a shame noone else is commenting on it, because it really could be extremely useful.

Edit: Could you please remeber this? Not trying to be mean but you keep forgetting :P
Request Programs
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

EMB wrote:
Ajdhaskjfdn.png
That's what I mean, it just gives choice. Anyway, if you don't feel comfortable at this stage implimenting it then don't bother.

It's a shame noone else is commenting on it, because it really could be extremely useful.

Edit: Could you please remeber this? Not trying to be mean but you keep forgetting :P
Can you explain what you mean as I am unsure what you mean by that edit, I already add a true/false function and if you are on about the way I post then read my other topic about it I am no long going to take a hour posting sorry NO, I not sure if this is what you mean and if not please explain, if there is something you don't understand just highlight it and I will try and explain better for anyone, but please can you explain as I have this bad feeling I have the wrong end of the stick.
Sir Kittenface