Erös Alpha Version 0.0.2.1

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
crow
Party member

Erös Alpha Version 0.0.2.1

Post by crow »

UPDATE- Erös Alpha Version 0.0.2.1

Please follow the link below to Dowload or view page 8 thanks :) Note* Norton AV as false flags on it please report this as a false report to Norton or just tell it to hush :P

OLD:
L Builder - Alpha
(Love Builder)
OK I been working on this for a few hours now and I have been really itching to say something so here it is :)

This is my first Dev Design view of L Builder Alpha.

Sorry for the windows classic look I run my desktop in classic mode just so the driver stops that do happen
a lot with windows 7 never happen in classic mode.

But anyway here what I hope to do in the future with this program.
The config file is set on the left menu and your main script is typed in on the right.

You will be able to build and run the app from the IDE, I also looking in to another way to build
the exe if there is build problems with any versions, I could build another lua exe program but
the source of love is C++ this is not possable as the libs needed for the love framework is in the
love exe.

I can't offer any drag and drop options yet but who knows that will happen in the future, please feel free to request your
functions you would like to see.

Also if there away to set the icon for the program via lua ?

Please forgive me I am dyslexic and things might slow down from time to time or my explaining things might be little confusing
please just ask me to explain :)

All project files will be a xml file until the user build or runs a test :) so this means a project can be sent to a user a lot years in
source format and I hope to also offer a export option that is not that hard :)

I really want to stay with the Love theme if thats possible :) the dialog that asks the user about going to loves website and my own
I might remove the windows frame and make it a flat UI like the main program please have your say :)

The menu system where the true and false options will change on a simple double click and a simple input box will show for ones that need editing
I might also add a build function that also updates a build version if your config file on each build, but right now I just want to get the design right
before getting the functions working.

I will post all updates about the program here, I was going to leave it until I had more going but I wanted to keep the love community to also have
there input and how it should move forward and I just had to should out my love for this project lol forgive the pun :)

Note:
I am sorry to Mac and Linux users I am unable to make for these 2 OS's at this time.
Last edited by crow on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sir Kittenface
Möko IDE Codename (Erös) Returns Soon

I am dyslexic so if any of my replys confusing please just ask me to reword it as this will make things a lot easier for all parties lol.
crow
Party member

Re: L Builder Design View

Post by crow »

Drip.heart

This is project file for the IDE

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<love>
	<config>
		<title>Drip</title>
		<author>Mr Kittyface</author>
		<indentity>nil</indentity>
		<version>0.0.0.1</version>
		<build>0</build>
		<screen>
			<width>800</width>
			<height>600</height>
			<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
			<vsync>true</vsync>
			<fsaa>0</fsaa>
		</screen>
		<modules>
			<joystick>true<joystick>
			<audio>true<audio>
			<keyboard>true</keyboard>
			<event>true</event>
			<image>true</image>
			<graphics>true</graphics>
			<timer>true</timer>
			<mouse>true</mouse>
			<sound>true</sound>
			<physics>true</physics>
		</modules>
	</config>
	<main>
	</main>
</love>

If you are looking at the image and you was like why is project inside the love project folder
well the projects and builds are all stored in the love projects folder then you have Build &
Projects in there thats why its like that :)
Sir Kittenface

I am dyslexic so if any of my replys confusing please just ask me to reword it as this will make things a lot easier for all parties lol.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

This apart from the sprite sheet icons from this view nothing be changing until later as I want to get the basic functions of loading
the saved project files, build new project files and edit the project all to work.

Then the next stage is then build the config file from the xml project file and save the main.lua file part of the
xml, edits to the main lua will be saved to that file but will update the xml file for easy source sharing.

Right I been working on this for many hours like a silly man lol so I think its time I get to bed lol.
:neko:
Sir Kittenface

bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Woah, that's going fast. So what are you writing this in?

Moved the topic, btw.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

Lua is the coding behind it the windows wrapper is AMS for UI and windows functions.
I kind of already had a simpler IDE for my own scripting framework I was doing thats
lua also but I am just looking for better ways to build my functions and framework
so I took my idea and changed it for this and LOVE took my eye and I just hand to
do something for it :)

I really wanted to keep it hush hush for a week but I didn't think I would have it moved
over this fast so I had to show it off :) and maybe get some other peoples input on what
could be adding to project.

Before going to sleep this morning I was able to get the loading of the main.lua in to the
editor, today I might try and get the saving of them when I walk up :)
Sir Kittenface

crow
Party member

Post by crow »

hey can anyone give me little help on the function below.

t.identity = nil;

What is the best way to set this path and does it just get set just in the config file, and does the love.exe just right the
path and folders needed to make that path to work.

Just want to make it as easy as possible for the end users to just click and set, does it always have to be %APPDATA% or
is the user able to define where the path is? a few little examples not app examples just little code snipits and what
its doing would help helpful so I make sure I program it right, thanks
Sir Kittenface

Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

It's a bit hard for me to understand what you want to know exactly, but generally, you'll want to set t.identity to a string, as such:

t.identity = "awesomegame"
This means all game saves and settings and such are saved in that directory (LÖVE takes care of the exact location).
Help us help you: attach a .love.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

Robin wrote:It's a bit hard for me to understand what you want to know exactly, but generally, you'll want to set t.identity to a string, as such:

t.identity = "awesomegame"
This means all game saves and settings and such are saved in that directory (LÖVE takes care of the exact location).

Just what I was wanting to know, so if the user wants to just use a preset set of settings using the apps name would do this need right?
What I was asking for is just so I make sure I give then end user the right options like the true and false just double click and they will
change for you so I just needed to know what option to give the user, So i guess i need to give them a option to edit the string lol.
Sir Kittenface

Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

crow wrote:Just what I was wanting to know, so if the user wants to just use a preset set of settings using the apps name would do this need right?
What I was asking for is just so I make sure I give then end user the right options like the true and false just double click and they will
change for you so I just needed to know what option to give the user, So i guess i need to give them a option to edit the string lol.
I have no idea what you just said, but yes to that last part.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
crow
Party member

Post by crow »

Robin wrote:
crow wrote:Just what I was wanting to know, so if the user wants to just use a preset set of settings using the apps name would do this need right?
I have no idea what you just said, but yes to that last part.
OK my sig says I am dyslexic can you respect that and explain what you don't understand, just saying I don't understand does not helpe I have read what I put
and I can't see what you would not understand.

If you could please try and tell me what you don't understand I can then explain myself better :neko:

I don't mean to be rude or anything but people say this all the time and never explain what they don't understand.

But like I said before I want to make sure I offer the right option to the end user a true/false option change just needs a double click change but
a string opiton will need a input option so they can input there options and by default I was thinking to set this to the programs name.
Sir Kittenface